Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am currently considering starting as a uber driver in London, however I am planning to rent a car in the beginning which would mean I would have to pay approximately around £800 a month for the car. I wanted to ask if there are any drivers in London that can inform me if I would be able to make at least £2500 a month if I drive 5-6 days weekly, 9-10 hours every day? I am only asking to see if it's worth it starting having in mind that I would have to pay at least 750-800 for the rent. I know it depends on hours, location, how busy it is but approximately would I be able to make at least £2500 monthly with 5-6 days working every week?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
*** Not a PH Driver ***
6,667 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am currently considering starting as a uber driver in London, however I am planning to rent a car in the beginning which would mean I would have to pay approximately around £800 a month for the car. I wanted to ask if there are any drivers in London that can inform me if I would be able to make at least £2500 a month if I drive 5-6 days weekly, 9-10 hours every day? I am only asking to see if it's worth it starting having in mind that I would have to pay at least 750-800 for the rent. I know it depends on hours, location, how busy it is but approximately would I be able to make at least £2500 monthly with 5-6 days working every week?
Thanks in advance.
£10.40 a hour - probably.

Why not just work in retail without the stress?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can earn that in week with uber easy
How come in a week lol gaha

£10.40 a hour - probably.

Why not just work in retail without the stress?
Uber is much more freedom in terms of holiday no boss etc... in retail most of the times they don't let you go on holiday when you want and for more than 2 weeks.. too also less physical work

Gross approximately £10 per hour (if you are very lucky).
Net - less than £5 hourly.
How come £5 an hour net that is less than any job lol

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.
Never rent a vehicle for rideshare

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
you can make 2500£ a month . it's not alot of money . I dont know why you are comfortable living off that .

also be warned , this is not a stable job . another lock down will leavs you with no income but still having to pay fixed costs . also uber is in trouble with authorities and investors . we don't know if uber is gona be here in 12 months time .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can make 2500£ a month . it's not alot of money . I dont know why you are comfortable living off that .

also be warned , this is not a stable job . another lock down will leavs you with no income but still having to pay fixed costs . also uber is in trouble with authorities and investors . we don't know if uber is gona be here in 12 months time .
Still living with parents so all I earn is saved and going to invest in something this is why I want to do it for maybe a year or so. Currently in retail but can't go holidays most of the time I want, so looking for a more flexible job that would get me same/more money. Also it's less physical work than in retail.

Never rent a vehicle for rideshare
Just bough a new car but its coupe so won't buy another one and planning to rent for beginning to see how it goes

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Still living with parents so all I earn is saved and going to invest in something this is why I want to do it for maybe a year or so. Currently in retail but can't go holidays most of the time I want, so looking for a more flexible job that would get me same/more money. Also it's less physical work than in retail.

Just bough a new car but its coupe so won't buy another one and planning to rent for beginning to see how it goes
do you have a ph licence?

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
How come in a week lol gaha

Uber is much more freedom in terms of holiday no boss etc... in retail most of the times they don't let you go on holiday when you want and for more than 2 weeks.. too also less physical work

How come £5 an hour net that is less than any job lol
Are you real ??
Are You from different planet ??
Do you watch Any news ??
Uber is part of the gig economy means been flexible , your own boss .... blah blah blah just dream
The reality is not like uber YouTube fairy tale

My advice stay away from gig economy
Get yourself proper payed job
But I know you won't take my advice

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
also bear in mind you won't get holiday pay , sick pay ,

your 2500 a month will be 1250 net a month .

Planning to get it if I decide to go ahead, i want to see if I can get more than 2,400/2500
ok.

tfl licenses office are closed and not opening anytime soon .

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.
It is achievable with alot of patience

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe i didn’t ask the question the right way. So basically i wanna know having in mind that i would have yo pay around £800 a month for the rent including insurance, maintanance etc, how much net revenue I can earn monthly after fuel expenses and those £800. I wanna see if i will get more than I earn now in the retail, because i need more flexible job and freedom of travelling when I need to. So having in mind that I would have to pay monthly £800 for the rent + fuel expenses how much approx do you think the net will be if I drive 5 days a week 10 hours shifts ? I know it’s always different depending on journeys, customers etc but approx?

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Have you read any of the previous threads about how much drivers earn?

ps. You need to discount the fantasy earnings.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
maybe i didn't ask the question the right way. So basically i wanna know having in mind that i would have yo pay around £800 a month for the rent including insurance, maintanance etc, how much net revenue I can earn monthly after fuel expenses and those £800. I wanna see if i will get more than I earn now in the retail, because i need more flexible job and freedom of travelling when I need to. So having in mind that I would have to pay monthly £800 for the rent + fuel expenses how much approx do you think the net will be if I drive 5 days a week 10 hours shifts ? I know it's always different depending on journeys, customers etc but approx?
Hi there fella.
First what you need to learn that in this type of work 5 days a week doing 10hrs doesn't exist.
Second, having a car for SDP insurance doesn't give you any discount when taking PH&R insurance policy which can be for you anything from £3K to £7k.
Third, renting at £800pcm is waste of money as in a year you're going to pay off a car for someone.
Fourth, you picked a worst possible time to start something that you've no idea about.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts