Banned
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It.
Just.
Won't.
Stop.

To the subforum shill:

Tell Massah Kalanick he's dun goofed, from people not being picked up on the first try to paying 2 times the cost 10 hours of the 24 of the day, I am sure they will keep using Uber after that.

I couldn't help myself but to inflate more airport requests today to help the surge, teehee.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
It.
Just.
Won't.
Stop.

To the subforum shill:

Tell Massah Kalanick he's dun goofed, from people not being picked up on the first try to paying 2 times the cost 10 hours of the 24 of the day, I am sure they will keep using Uber after that.

I couldn't help myself but to inflate more airport requests today to help the surge, teehee.
Pbia is 2.9 right now....

What the hell is going on?

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
It's Spring Break. I only do MIA, and then only after a dropoff there, but I've noticed that for the last two weeks the queue has been moving much faster. I was at MIA twice yesterday and had pretty short waits.

If you follow flight arrivals at all, you'll see why. A few weeks ago, 20 American Airlines arrivals in one hour was a lot. Now 30-40 is a lot. MUCH more volume now...although today and tomorrow will probably be much lighter because of the snowstorm in the NE.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I occasionally check this site to see how many are coming in. If it's a lot I might give MIA a chance, but the bad thing is you still have a good chance of getting a pool, which sucks. You have to accept a pool in the queue line and if another (or 2) get added, I cancel them and just take my 1st pax.

link to MIA flight times: http://webvids.miami-airport.com/webfids/

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I use this site: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Fligh...id=F5925A105AF9E4515384DB73AE13651C.web2:8009

I specify codeshares OFF (otherwise you may get 4-5 listings for the same flight, which distorts things) and I specify American Airlines only. I don't care how many total flights there are -- just want to know generally whether a particular one-hour time slot is busy or slow. American has about 50% of the flights at MIA, so checking their arrivals gives me a sense of how traffic is...which is all I need.

Quite often on weekday mornings, my first ride is Kendall-MIA and I get there a little before 8 AM. So I check 8-9 AM to see the arriving traffic. I don't care what it is later in the day because I'm not going back to the airport unless I get another airport dropoff.

More often than not, I don't check anything. I look at the queue to see how big it is, and if I go into the queue I watch for 5-10 minutes to see how quick it's dropping. If it's not moving, I'm out.

Also if I see one AA flight after another departing, that's a good sign. That means those aircraft have been on the ground for 45-60 minutes, and the pax who arrived on them are filtering their way out of the terminal, to baggage claim, to their Uber app.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Among the secondary apps that I use, USA Tracker is the one easiest for me if the que is short at MIA or FLL. This way you see the planes as they're coming in and registers each plane at the time they land. Better this than guesstimating if or when a flight might come in or the length of time a plane's been on the ground for new potential pax.

For Ultra & Miami Music Week, it wouldn't hurt to have the MMW app too.

Colorfulness Product Font Material property Screenshot

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
So you two rocket scientists think that the rest of us are idiots? Please tell us more about how well your space exploration is going.
I must fall in the idiot category as I do not use those apps. Actually, I never heard of most of them : )

As far as space exploration, when I was getting drilled by this azzhole Customs Agent (when I was coming back from Aruba decades ago) he asked me what I did for a living and I told him that I was going to college. He asked me what I was taking up and I told the dick that I was taking up space. ******** almost blew a gasket and put me on some sort of hot list. When I came back from Jamaica the next year a buzzer went off in MIA Customs when they typed my name in. LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
So you two rocket scientists think that the rest of us are idiots? Please tell us more about how well your space exploration is going.
If we don't get off this planet & colonize off world, humanity will go extinct in less than a couple hundred years, which will render everybody's life whoever existed pointless. I'm not an astrophysicist. I know that I'm not important and my life is meaningless. Importance and meaning are just concepts we attach to people & things to validate our short shallow lives, when truly things only have importance and meaning to those around us and not the infinite universe. The universe doesn't give a rat's a$$ what we think; time moves on.

We are all just the placeholders and custodians of history until we colonize the solar system. Gathering information and passing it along to others isn't a bad way to pass the time between the little comforts in life. Better that than to troll and contribute nothing.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If we don't get off this planet & colonize off world, humanity will go extinct in less than a couple hundred years, which will render everybody's life whoever existed pointless. I'm not an astrophysicist. I know that I'm not important and my life is meaningless. Importance and meaning are just concepts we attach to people & things to validate our short shallow lives, when truly things only have importance and meaning to those around us and not the infinite universe. The universe doesn't give a rat's a$$ what we think; time moves on.

We are all just the placeholders and custodians of history until we colonize the solar system. Gathering information and passing it along to others isn't a bad way to pass the time between the little comforts in life. Better that than to troll and contribute nothing.
That's why ewwber is researching on rocketpool

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
We really shouldn't go at each other when someone is trying to be helpful ..... even if you and all your co-horts already know and maybe familiar with the subject.

We should be here to ensure we all understand how we are being scrubered by Uber and Lyft!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Gee, more rocket scientists ubering, me, I'm a nuclear physicist and have a part time astrophysics job at Taco Bell when I'm not doing brain surgery at the 30 min clinic but I Uber to save the world like the Scientologists.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
We really shouldn't go at each other when someone is trying to be helpful ..... even if you and all your co-horts already know and maybe familiar with the subject.

We should be here to ensure we all understand how we are being scrubered by Uber and Lyft!
It's shills that work for uber.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You have to accept a pool in the queue line
In FLL you don't have to, what you do is; you call them and ask them what are they wearing so you can recognize them? that way they will let their guard down and then you ask them where are they going? (So you can cherry pick right) after that you tell them that model and color of car you are driving and to be and the look out, you hang up the phone and if you don't like the ride cancel and select "passenger request cancellation' and you won't lose your place in queue. I have tested this in FLL not in MIA, someone that does that mia Airport could test it and advise here.;)

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
In FLL you don't have to, what you do is; you call them and ask them what are they wearing so you can recognize them? that way they will let their guard down and then you ask them where are they going? (So you can cherry pick right) after that you tell them that model and color of car you are driving and to be and the look out, you hang up the phone and if you don't like the ride cancel and select "passenger request cancellation' and you won't loose your place in queue. I have tested this in FLL not in MIA, someone that does that mia Airport could test it and advise here.;)
Rider cancel select is cancel rate for you or did they change it?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have noticed that Uber drivers only worry about the amount of flights that are coming in. You need to worry on the amount of people that are coming in those flights. It doesn't matter if 100 flights arrive what matters is how many people arrive in those flights

1 - 20 of 25 Posts