Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning's pay statement said that I didn't make last week's guarantees because I apparently wasn't online for the required number of hours. The same pay statement logs my hours last week at 39.1, more than enough to qualify. Anybody else experiencing this?

·
Registered
967 Posts
The way it's setup, you'll either make too much to receive the guarantee or you'll not hit the guarantee at all. Basically Uber isn't interested in part timers...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit the guarantees 5 times last week, but even though I did everything right, my pay statement is short by a lot of money. Was wondering if it happened to anybody else for the same reason. They're claiming that my hours online didn't equal 18, but I was online for 23 total.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The way it's setup, you'll either make too much to receive the guarantee or you'll not hit the guarantee at all. Basically Uber isn't interested in part timers...
Mine was messed up also. The guarantee required me to be online for 7 hours, my statement came and said 7.6 hours plus I met every other minimum qualification and was nearly $30 below the guarantee amount in fares for one of the time periods on Saturday.

I received a second email with a pay statement for $28 and some change, then a third email with an apology from Uber regarding missing guarantee's on many "partners" statements.

This morning's pay statement said that I didn't make last week's guarantees because I apparently wasn't online for the required number of hours. The same pay statement logs my hours last week at 39.1, more than enough to qualify. Anybody else experiencing this?
If you still believe they messed up, and don't receive something like I got before 8pm tonight, I'd contact them.

As for tracking hours, I have a nice spreadsheet that I created that tracks numerous different things and hours is def. one of them!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the "apology" email, but the next payment statement was for 9 cents. Got another email that claimed I didn't make the correct number of trips, which I absolutely did. My payment breakdown even proves this. 5 separate incentives done correctly and no pay for them.

Does anyone know of a higher level corporate office for Uber that I can contact about this? This has to stop. Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A little confused here. So first they claimed you didn't meet the minimum # of hours. Then they claimed you didn't make the minimum number of trips...so they are saying both? Even though your pay statements are the contrary?

First of all take snap shots of or save the payment statements that reflect your hours/# of rides.

Secondly check all of your sources to make absolutely sure you received the correct guarantee. Uber has been sending out emails that have one set of information, then when you click the opt in button all the information changes on that screen...meaning the emails say one thing, but the screen you opt in on says another. Always compare the two to make sure they match. If you sign up for a guarantee that doesn't match what the email says then the only way to fix it is by signing up for the correct one when Uber sends out their "correction email".

Sadly, if you signed up incorrectly without comparing the graphic and the minimum qualifications to what the email said, it may not get you anywhere to argue.

From what I've read on the board, when you write to the CSR make sure you put in the email that you want the situation escalated to a supervisor, or that you want them to call you directly. They should comply....operative word being "should".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. Who is the best person to write to? Do you have a specific email address?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Also keep in mind that the guarantee is for gross fares (with the safe rider fee and the 20% included). For example $20 per hour guarantee is really usually a $20 x .70 = $14 per hour net guarantee.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the info. Who is the best person to write to? Do you have a specific email address?
Sadly you'll just have to write directly to a CSR and ask that the situation be escalated to a supervisor. There really isn't a specific person you can write to/call.

The email is: [email protected]

That's what I've always used and received a response.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also keep in mind that the guarantee is for gross fares (with the safe rider fee and the 20% included). For example $20 per hour guarantee is really usually a $20 x .70 = $14 per hour net guarantee.
Thanks, I know. I've completed lots of guarantees in the past and I always calculate the take-home pay. They're giving me mixed messages and different excuses as to why I'm missing almost $200 on my statement. First it was not enough hours, then it was not enough trips. I've emailed the proper authorities, so stay tuned....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I emailed the support team and got part of the missing incentive back but still fighting the missing incentive for last weekend!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad you got something back at least...I emailed both the local and national support teams and haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: Got an email from local support and they've put the missing payment onto my next statement. They said the problem was from "minor technical issues". Glad that's over, but I'm keeping screen-grabs and logging hours from here on.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
[QOT E="jreyn60, post: 403487, member: 23328"]Update: Got an email from local support and they've put the missing payment onto my next statement. They said the problem was from "minor technical issues". Glad that's over, but I'm keeping screen-grabs and logging hours from here on.[/QUOTE]
Of course it's minor it's not THEIR money

1 - 15 of 15 Posts