Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there renting from the local Ride Share companies? I just saw the add for UCars I think it's called and wondering what all it entails?

I've done my research and think this is the best bet for me now until I save up to buy a cheap car.

I sent in a application but there is no number to call to answer my questions so I'm wondering of anyone else here does something similar and is willing to help me.

What is the deposit amount?
Is there an early termination fee? What would I end up paying if I can't continue until the set date?
Are payments weekly?
What is usually included? Service? Insurance?
Is there a mile cap?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me with these questions. In the meantime I patiently await a call back from them.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Anyone out there renting from the local Ride Share companies? I just saw the add for UCars I think it's called and wondering what all it entails?

I've done my research and think this is the best bet for me now until I save up to buy a cheap car.

I sent in a application but there is no number to call to answer my questions so I'm wondering of anyone else here does something similar and is willing to help me.

Is there an early termination fee? What would I end up paying if I can't continue until the set date?
Are payments weekly?
Is there a mile cap?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me with these questions. In the meantime I patiently await a call back from them.
Drove for Ucars for 3 months to see if I wanted to do ride share before I traded in my car for a ride share compliant car. Also just leased from them for a couple of weeks while my car was getting wrinkles ironed out from an accident.
They lease by the week - $325, so once you pay you have to use the car for a week. Really not a big deal. Everything but gas is included. They pay all maintenance, service and insurance. There is no mileage cap. I drove hard early on and put a lot of miles on their car with no blowback. Overall, they do what they say they will and don't play games. Oh, no deposit required.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Are payments weekly?
Is there a mile cap?

Maven Gig provide rental vehicle for ridesharing;
The weekly rate starting from $189/week, includes unlimited miles, maintenance, insurance.
No early return penalty, you can return the car any time after 7 days.
Available in Phoenix now, you can go to app store or google play download "Maven-car sharing" APP to start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anybody done the Lyft Express Drive in Phoenix ?

I was just curious how many rides you needed to give to have the rental fee waived and wondering if there is a waitlist to get a car.

It seems like if your plan was to drive full time anyways than this might be the way to go if you could manage to get the rental fee waived every week.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I do want to try UBER XL. I want to lease a bit before buying a 2006 minivan.
If you buy a Dodge Grand Caravan/Chrysler T&C/VW Routan - I would buy a 2008 or newer. That is the most current generation and no one can tell a 2008 from a 2016. 2007 or older will look dated.

Honda or Toyota should be good for 2006. I would avoid the Ford, GM, Kia/Hyundai vans from that era.

And that Nissan... I like Nissans but the fourth gen Quest has such a bad crash rating that I would be paranoid about driving it.

----Speaking to the results of the 2014 Nissan Quest's small overlap front crash test, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety executive vice president Dave Zuby described it as "one of the worst crash tests we've ever seen." He speculated that "a person experiencing this would be lucky to ever walk normally again."-----

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.