Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my 4th ping. Some drunks at deadbolt. Tried to get 6 people in my Uber X passenger car. Went like this:

Them: 3 people opening all doors. Waving 3 more to hurry up and pile in.
Me: Sorry folks, I can only take 3 in the back seat and one up front.
Them, various shades of drunk: Wait. What? No! Whatchu mean tho?!?
Me, Already sensing a problem. Seeing one is still smoking a cig: sorry, this car holds only 5 passengers total.
Them: but it’s right down the stree...
Me: okay, this ride is cancelled. (Reaching to phone to cancel)
Dude In front: really?
Hood rat with Newport in the back: no! Ughh Why you cancelling?
Me: too many pax. You need an xl.
Hood rat: okay, but you gotta tell us that. You can’t just be canceling
Me: I told y’all repeatedly already.
Dude in front: ok. Let’s go. (Gets out)
Hood rat in back: ugh... b-tch (pause while drunk brain trying to think) that’s why you’re a fat b-tch (Fortunately there was only one rat. Her friend was already pulling her out the back seat)
Me: naw, boo boo, see, I’m a fat b-tch cuz I cook good and eat a lot. But I follow the rules of the road which is why this ride is cancelled.
Another guy in the back: sorry ma’am
Me: it’s ok, I just can’t take more people than I got seatbelts.
Dude: sorry for my friend
Hood rat, from side walk: I wish you’d get out the car ouuu
Me, waves: bye!

And there goes my consecutive ride bonus

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I went online in River North at a couple minutes after 9, and by 10:20 with no pings, including 15 minutes on Division between Dearborn and State with actual people around, Wells St. In Old Town, and more. I was starting to compose in my mind a post to Ad asking why Mama would do this to me, and then miraculously after 82 minutes I finally got my first ping. Never in my life have I been so excited about-getting a pool request. And then a second rider added!

Wound up with 3 streaks, and my last one ended in Elmwood Park about a mile from my gym where I planned to go for a workout anyway. I go to tap the offline button, and as my finger hits the phone a request comes in for a 35 minute trip - accidentally accepted. Not the first time Uber has slipped me a request while trying to go offline, but I had enough and couldn't force myself to abandon gym plans and drive Emma to some far off place. Probably would have been the most profitable ride of the night, but I was done.

Whoever thought putting those CT bonuses out there for Sunday night was out of their mind. And with no quest this week (props to whoever got one), my recently ignored Lyft account will start getting my attention. It'll be a double app week until Quest returns.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
I got in 12 rides 8 pm-4 am. Was not dead, but long waits between rides. No pool rides. Came up 2 short of the Quest, but I had given up hope on that and had set my DF toward home.

I had a weird ping close to the city, on 94 maybe near Garfield. Understandable for Uber's GPS to think I'm on a ramp rathet than in traffic--or to summon me to the ramp even though the images takes a precious 5 seconds to load. This time it somehow placed me on an overpass. Since getting to the first or even second exit ramp, once the GPS figured stuff out, would have taken fancy footwork, I canceled.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just got my 4th ping. Some drunks at deadbolt. Tried to get 6 people in my Uber X passenger car. Went like this:

Them: 3 people opening all doors. Waving 3 more to hurry up and pile in.
Me: Sorry folks, I can only take 3 in the back seat and one up front.
Them, various shades of drunk: Wait. What? No! Whatchu mean tho?!?
Me, Already sensing a problem. Seeing one is still smoking a cig: sorry, this car holds only 5 passengers total.
Them: but it's right down the stree...
Me: okay, this ride is cancelled. (Reaching to phone to cancel)
Dude In front: really?
Hood rat with Newport in the back: no! Ughh Why you cancelling?
Me: too many pax. You need an xl.
Hood rat: okay, but you gotta tell us that. You can't just be canceling
Me: I told y'all repeatedly already.
Dude in front: ok. Let's go. (Gets out)
Hood rat in back: ugh... b-tch (pause while drunk brain trying to think) that's why you're a fat b-tch (Fortunately there was only one rat. Her friend was already pulling her out the back seat)
Me: naw, boo boo, see, I'm a fat b-tch cuz I cook good and eat a lot. But I follow the rules of the road which is why this ride is cancelled.
Another guy in the back: sorry ma'am
Me: it's ok, I just can't take more people than I got seatbelts.
Dude: sorry for my friend
Hood rat, from side walk: I wish you'd get out the car ouuu
Me, waves: bye!

And there goes my consecutive ride bonus
I love these in my van uber always readjusts the fare to an XL. But yea these are usually the most rude inconsiderate ppl you did good handeling it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.