Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Friday night/Saturday morning, it's about 2:15AM, 1.7x surge going on downtown. I had just dropped a fare at about 31st & University, was on my way downtown, and get an XL ping in Ankeny. While I would have loved to hit the downtown surge, I decide to take accept the ride from Ankeny. Who knows - maybe they're at a house party & are going to WDSM (it's happened to me before and it's a $35+ ride!). What happens? I am literally about 3 houses away and the rider cancelled. I drive a Ford Explorer. The $7 cancellation fee doesn't even cover the gas. I just wish there was a way to express the love & appreciation I feel for this guy...

BTW - I called it a night after that. I went home to Windsor Heights and didn't get a single ping on the way home.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a science or just dumb luck. A 1.7 surge is pretty mild, we need a 1.4 or so just to get back to prior rates. If I were an XL I would certainly try to take XL trips rather than X. I try calling the rider if it is a long way off, maybe chat them up, try to build a rapport, but I did that recently and she still cancelled abruptly without even texting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts