Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a ping around 8:30 am Friday morning. When I pulled up to the social housing address in Kanata a little kid who looked liked no older than 10 comes out. I ask him where his mom or dad are and he says inside. I ask him his age and he says 12. Tell him I can't take him and he looks very downtrodden At this point Mom sticks her head out the door and starts giving me a hard time. Can't hear a word over the wind. She was still yelling at me as I pulled away down the lane with the kid in the driveway staring at me.

You think they would at least have the decency to go with their kid to school and come back.. Illegal as hell, not to mention wrong on so many levels. Didn't see another ping from her in the next 5 mins so maybe she learned her lesson - or not.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm fairly by the book when it comes to Uber and I don't put up with passengers crap.

Unaccompanied minors is something I'll bend the rules on though. So long as the child is old enough to not need a car seat, and it isn't a trip across the city, I'll drive them. It helps that I'm a youth worker by profession so working with kids doesn't bother me.

I totally understand your reasoning for cancelling though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is against Uber's terms of service for both drivers and passengers, for you to transport passengers under the age of 18 unaccompanied by a parent or guardian:
User Requirements and Conduct.
The Service is not available for use by persons under the age of 18. You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you.
https://www.uber.com/legal/terms/ca/

Also see Ubermans youtube video for the real reasons you shouldn't take under age persons:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm fairly by the book when it comes to Uber and I don't put up with passengers crap.

Unaccompanied minors is something I'll bend the rules on though. So long as the child is old enough to not need a car seat, and it isn't a trip across the city, I'll drive them. It helps that I'm a youth worker by profession so working with kids doesn't bother me.

I totally understand your reasoning for cancelling though.
I'm the same way, and if anything was to be come of it. thats why I have a dash cam inside and out. So there is no worry there Billyboi with his cheese and meat

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
I won't take "kids". Kids that are obvious children. Let's say under 15-16

16 and above is where it gets tricky.

I don't ask too many questions in these cases and usually they don't volunteer if they are under 18.

Honestly it's pretty hard to tell ages once kids turn 16 or so. Unless Uber wants us to start checking everyone's ID.

I've probably driven some pax that I thought were easily 18 that were underage too.

You just have to assume if a person shows up that isn't obviously a child and gives the correct account name, that you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts