Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Chicago streets are an absolute disgrace. It isn't just the potholes, its the ruts, the recessed manhole covers, the steel plates everywhere, the haphazard patches made after the city has dug up a road. Maybe three years ago Lincoln Avenue was repaved and what are they doing now?, digging it up again. Major roads like Fullerton, North, California are nothing short of abysmal> I swear there are likely better roads in the Amazon jungle. Have to put my car in for repair on Monday because I hit a trench running across the width of the street street on Lawndale last night, it so disgusts me that the roads are in this condition. The city generates a tremendous amount of income from the motor car what with city permits, ride hailing fees, parking enforcement and the like, the least they could do is have reasonable road surfaces these cars drive on.

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
Chicago streets are an absolute disgrace. It isn't just the potholes, its the ruts, the recessed manhole covers, the steel plates everywhere, the haphazard patches made after the city has dug up a road. Maybe three years ago Lincoln Avenue was repaved and what are they doing now?, digging it up again. Major roads like Fullerton, North, California are nothing short of abysmal> I swear there are likely better roads in the Amazon jungle. Have to put my car in for repair on Monday because I hit a trench running across the width of the street street on Lawndale last night, it so disgusts me that the roads are in this condition. The city generates a tremendous amount of income from the motor car what with city permits, ride hailing fees, parking enforcement and the like, the least they could do is have reasonable road surfaces these cars drive on.
This is top-notch diamond studded full-throated rantery. Great details, tons of gusto. I'm giving it a 9.95 and I mean the Richter scale.

·
Premium Member
10,006 Posts
Roscoe and Halsted is all tore up as is Diversey and Halsted and a few other critical streets in Lakeview.

I will be hiding with a Bozuka in hand in any of you pick up at base during Cubs season.

You've been warned

What a cluster that area is.
Clark is also closed at roscoe
Diversey closed from Halsted to Burlington for another 2 weeks. You also can't turn West onto Diversey from Halsted if you are north bound

Also most of the intersections have had the sidewalks widened so pickups will probably block the street

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
.60 a mile at base. OHHHHHHHH.

This shit has to stop. I had a PU at Belmont and Halsted today. I was on the South corner and princess was across the street at Target.

Soon as she got in car and I started the trip I knew it was 1 stars fir everyone.

She asks me. Why I didn't pick her up at Target.

She complains to Uber and Uber refunds her 12.00.

Kiss my ass.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

·
Premium Member
6,891 Posts
.60 a mile at base. OHHHHHHHH.

This shit has to stop. I had a PU at Belmont and Halsted today. I was on the South corner and princess was across the street at Target.

Soon as she got in car and I started the trip I knew it was 1 stars fir everyone.

She asks me. Why I didn't pick her up at Target.

She complains to Uber and Uber refunds her 12.00.

Kiss my ass. View attachment 310026
I bet if it was snowing or raining outside she woulda been more than happy to take that walk across that corner for you. Also did you make sure she put in the pick up location as targets address? I PU/DO to the address only. I ignore pins. I was taught navigation old school. But I understand your frustration as a driver for sure!

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either way her ass had to cross the street. I was coming from west Belmont.

You seen the traffic on that corner this weekend? Or any summer weekend?

I am not.. repeat.. not going east of halsted head north and turn around to get any pax like that ESPECIALLY with all that traffic.

She was a typical ***** looking for an excuse for Uber to pamper her.

·
Premium Member
6,891 Posts
LOL! Your looking at it wrong dude...

Have you seen there earnings lately? It’s an excuse! For them to pay less taxes. As that is there overall goal in the bottom line. There cash flow rate? Prolly more than most company’s could even comprehend.

·
Premium Member
10,006 Posts
LOL! Your looking at it wrong dude...

Have you seen there earnings lately? It's an excuse! For them to pay less taxes. As that is there overall goal in the bottom line. There cash flow rate? Prolly more than most company's could even comprehend.
They lost a couple billion last year and their cash position dropped around 900mln on the last report I saw. They don't need to give someone 11bucks to cut their taxes. Plus You don't pay taxes if you lose money you get a credit against future earnings.

·
Premium Member
6,891 Posts
So why do all entitled pax get there money back? That’s BS. The driver loses credit with in the “community” as they like to say. That pax coulda just sent that to his “community rating” for 3-4 months on him till his next 500 rides count is up, for walking across the street!

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah she really pissed me off. Happens 1 out of 200 rides in the city. Why uber refunds the whole fare is absurd.

Why I say. Any inkling of trouble just 1 star there asses. You have no choice. You feel bad ? You'll feel worse after your rating drops and you gave them a 4.

Whole system is skewed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.