Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the quotations to convey sarcasm.
Here are my "favorites" in no specific order:
a.) singers/whistlers.. today i had someone singing along to every lyric of every song possible on the radio.. he whistled to the melody when no words were being sang.. he even made guitar sounds lol
b.) antisocial front seat solo pax.. be like that in the back seat please ☺.. preferably on the driver's side
c.) solo pax backseat chatterboxes.. especially on the driver's side lol
d.) couples who whisper to each other
e.) couples who interview me
f.) groups of two or more who are dead silent the entire ride.. the longer the worst lol
g.) people that say "yes sirrr" when i confirm their destination

I'll add more "favorites" when I come across them
Please add your "favorites" as well

·
Registered
184 Posts
People who want to know allll abouuut uberrrr in pick it apart detail. Seriously. Im not the spokesperson for the company. They have a website. People who want to yell out the window at others, possibly getting us into some sort of confrontation when you are stopped at a signal or other traffic. People who keep you waiting for an eternity, then all bundle into the car reeking of pot. Wow, I can see that was a really important delay. Call the uber after your bong session please. People who expect you to have a computerized map of everywhere possible in the world in your head.

·
Registered
113 Posts
a.) singers/whistlers.. today i had someone singing along to every lyric of every song possible on the radio.. he whistled to the melody when no words were being sang.. he even made guitar sounds lol
b.) antisocial front seat solo pax.. be like that in the back seat please ☺.. preferably on the driver's side
f.) groups of two or more who are dead silent the entire ride.. the longer the worst lol

None

·
Registered
447 Posts
The easy going hot chick with a beautiful soul and has her shit together is my favorite.

My other "favorite" is the person looking concerned about something you're doing but won't speak up until it becomes a real issue.

Then there's the teenage PAX after the boxing session at the gym. Gotta roll all the windows down. Makes it worse when he advises I'll need to Febreze after the ride.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My favorites are the world travelers. I love hearing about other parts of the world. (Had one German this afternoon, four Swedes this evening.)

My "favorite" are the ones who give me directions - especially like "Oh, you need to cut across four lanes of freeway-into-downtown traffic here to make an illegal right turn" with their finger in my face. That happened this evening, 10th ave exit off of I-5 turning onto Ash. Seriously - she wanted me to cut in front of the traffic coming down 163 onto 10th. With her finger in my face from the back seat. With a car in the lane immediately to my right. Took two stars off the pax rating that minute - and it was her boyfriend's app.

Do NOT tell me how to drive, particularly if what you are telling me to do is illegal. At best, I get a ticket. At worst, we all end up dead.

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts

You're obviously being sarcastic.

It really sounds like you are in the wrong profession.

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
My favorites are the world travelers. I love hearing about other parts of the world. (Had one German this afternoon, four Swedes this evening.)

My "favorite" are the ones who give me directions - especially like "Oh, you need to cut across four lanes of freeway-into-downtown traffic here to make an illegal right turn" with their finger in my face. That happened this evening, 10th ave exit off of I-5 turning onto Ash. Seriously - she wanted me to cut in front of the traffic coming down 163 onto 10th. With her finger in my face from the back seat. With a car in the lane immediately to my right. Took two stars off the pax rating that minute - and it was her boyfriend's app.

Do NOT tell me how to drive, particularly if what you are telling me to do is illegal. At best, I get a ticket. At worst, we all end up dead.
Juts be polite, and always frame your response from that you are doing it ( whatever the right thing to do is ) for safety reasons, you are thinking of their well-being, above all. I wouldn't even mention tickets, etc. Also, I'd explain to pax that if we were to get in an accident, and they proved I was at fault for an illegal maneuver based on rider insistance "YOU MIGHT NOT BE COVERED BY INSURANCE" ( a little scare goes a long ways -- don't know if it is true, proably not, but it sounds true). Always frame the response to how you are doing what is in THEIR best interest, NOT yours.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
h.) Deceased
I have several flop out of the back seat like a whale carcass onto the pavement when their 'friend' trys to pull them out. Its hysterical, I try not to laugh but seeing some sloppy drunk passed out chick hit the pavement hard is usually a good time.

The next day they are probably wondering why their knees are scuffed up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The awkward silence pax for sure.
Had a pax last night that I could smell before he got in my car. I think his feet were rotting! In all honesty I put my window down and had my face out, driving like Jim Carey!
The pax that swear I'm taking the wrong way, yet I have GPS and they are working with....ah yes stupidity!
Surgetools that end up arguing! Ahh you knew you requested an UberPoop, so get ready to be comfortable with vomit breath guy right beside you, next time pay $2 more!!! Ps I'm stopping at yellow lights and taking extra time at every stop sign and could possibly take a wrong turn as we drop you off..... Yup LAST!
All time favorite is the pax that speak in a different language and think I don't understand.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The awkward silence pax for sure.
Had a pax last night that I could smell before he got in my car. I think his feet were rotting! In all honesty I put my window down and had my face out, driving like Jim Carey!
The pax that swear I'm taking the wrong way, yet I have GPS and they are working with....ah yes stupidity!
Surgetools that end up arguing! Ahh you knew you requested an UberPoop, so get ready to be comfortable with vomit breath guy right beside you, next time pay $2 more!!! Ps I'm stopping at yellow lights and taking extra time at every stop sign and could possibly take a wrong turn as we drop you off..... Yup LAST!
All time favorite is the pax that speak in a different language and think I don't understand.
What were they saying?!

·
Registered
169 Posts

I get a lot of that from fellow LA Uber drivers as riders.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The DB in PB on July 3rd that rode shotgun while his 2 drunk buddies sat in the backseats.

I accidentally left my gum in a center console slot, I don't pass gum out, this is for me. He doesn't ask, automatically goes for it, throws pieces in the back, then goes for the radio, turns the volume way up, then starts quizzing me who's my favorite band. I slowly return the volume down so he doesn't notice via the steering wheel controls.

My response: "Nobody."

Awkward ride to the bar. 2* rating.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The DB in PB on July 3rd that rode shotgun while his 2 drunk buddies sat in the backseats.

I accidentally left my gum in a center console slot, I don't pass gum out, this is for me. He doesn't ask, automatically goes for it, throws pieces in the back, then goes for the radio, turns the volume way up, then starts quizzing me who's my favorite band. I slowly return the volume down so he doesn't notice via the steering wheel controls.

My response: "Nobody."

Awkward ride to the bar. 2* rating.
Hate rides like that. Sounds like PB to a T...

·
Registered
447 Posts
The guy who asks for an aux cable and wants to "showcase" his music preference for a 3 mile ride and his buddy who could care less.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
The ones who puke in your car (This happened tonight by the way)
What a gross behemoth explosion of vomit spewing from your entitled Uber clients pie hole it must have been. I like how you catch the Uber Logo in the photo and it should get you sympathy points when you file your claim for $100. Certainly a close 10 on the splatter scale but that number would decrease during the night as future Uber clients rub it out on their backs for that cheap ride home. After those rides you could just mention "no tip necessary and look forward to seeing you again soon! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.