Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The bikeshare phenomenon has been vastly popularized by a company called Ofo, and already has 100 million active users in 150 cities doing 20 million bike rides a day, much of it in China, but in some USA cities and expanding to 20 countries. Not bad at all.

·
Premium Member
64,223 Posts
The bikeshare phenomenon has been vastly popularized by a company called Ofo, and already has 100 million active users in 150 cities doing 20 million bike rides a day, much of it in China, but in some USA cities and expanding to 20 countries. Not bad at all.
Yes.
The bike rentals are already quite a Mess in China.
Bikes abandoned everywhere on the streets and sidewalks. Nowhere to " deposit" them on arrival.
Piles of them on streets.
Only to be hauled away to storage lots by the Government at Great expense.

Cluster Muck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Yes. The bike rentals are already quite a Mess in China. Bikes abandoned everywhere on the streets and sidewalks. Nowhere to " deposit" them on arrival. Piles of them on streets.
Same thing happened when Ofo expanded to U of C in San Diego, and the university booted them. Ofo will respond the same way the rental carts did at the airports; an upfront deposit gets refunded if the bike is returned to an "ideal" location.

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
Lime bikes started popping up in my area of Miami a few weeks ago. They are everywhere -- bus stops, schools, parks, malls, seemingly every street corner. So far, in the last month, I have seen ONE rider on a bike. I'm thinking somebody got taken in by a franchise offer and is learning a hard truth.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same thing happened when Ofo expanded to U of C in San Diego, and the university booted them. Ofo will respond the same way the rental carts did at the airports; an upfront deposit gets refunded if the bike is returned to an "ideal" location.
This is probably true. I wonder how many are in lakes and rivers. Putting too much faith in humanity.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're were all over this weekend! Cool by me. My cut down on the shorties when chillin downtown. Sands to El Do, take a bike lazy ****!
I'm sure they walked to the Sands, got scared and wanted a ride back. Had one two weeks ago. They knew they sucked for requesting a ride and gave me a 5. My favorite one was from Whitney to Eldo. They said it seemed farther on google maps, dumbasses

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.