Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big downtown festival this weekend. They're running shuttle buses from all over the Valley but I'll guess we'll all see a ton of potential traffic/surge.

I asked on Twitter if there was a designated Lyft/Uber pickup. Lyft only responded, saying no designated pickup area. I'll post if that changes.

On the map it shows 3 gates. But it's not very user friendly. Maybe someone that knows downtown can give the exact cross streets. Traffic will be horrible. I'm almost thinking dropping at the Mob Museum but, again, any downtown knowledge for everyone would be helpful. Maybe an ex cabbie that dropped last year?

Here's the link to the map - http://lifeisbeautiful.com/map/

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for posting that! I'd avoid LVBS and Fremont Street altogether. Go north on Maryland from Charleston and then left on Carson. This will take you parallel to Fremont 1 block south. If you can get to Carson/7th easily, this will get you right to the main gate. If Carson is a mess, Bridger is also an easy street. From there, south on 7th or 6th and you're back out of it quickly and just a block east of LVBS.

If you're coming from 95, I would advise exit Las Vegas Blvd exit, turn north on the Blvd then immediately right on Bonanza and then Bonanza/7th is an easy intersection to drop off (they call it the "Nightlife dropoff"). 7th goes directly under 95 so it's easy for your rider to walk that 1 block to the Mesquite entrance.

You'll probably also see pickup/dropoffs at Bunkhouse saloon on 11th.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That sounds like a pretty reasonable route. I was also thinking I15 to Charleston east to Maryland north. I've never seen Maryland too bad in that area, but Charleston around the 15 can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lyft must be a sponsor of some sort because I saw on the festival map that there is a “Lyft Lounge” under “Brand Experiences” that is going to be there located on Fremont Street between 8th and 9th for anybody who is going to the festival. Not sure what that is all about but Lyft is part of the festival somehow.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Lyft must be a sponsor of some sort because I saw on the festival map that there is a "Lyft Lounge" under "Brand Experiences" that is going to be there located on Fremont Street between 8th and 9th for anybody who is going to the festival. Not sure what that is all about but Lyft is part of the festival somehow.
Makes sense. Lyft needs to raise their profile, a this festival is their target market. Will it show as a requested pick up area when the passenger requests a ride.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks! :) I had 9 rides today from 4:30 to 8:00 all burbs to that exact spot. Every one of them. Took the long way home and no pings in an hour. At home now, may take a nap then head back down there around midnight. Should be a mess :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks! :) I had 9 rides today from 4:30 to 8:00 all burbs to that exact spot. Every one of them. Took the long way home and no pings in an hour. At home now, may take a nap then head back down there around midnight. Should be a mess :)
Great tip. I will definitely use it tomorrow. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
153 Posts
One tip I found out - WILL CALL is at 7th and Carson, but you need to drop off at 7th and Bridger. 9th street and 11th are great back roads that are not too crowded.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you did the Lyft bonus all night I'm sure it was worth it. If you just wanted a quick $100, the Uber surge was nice but didn't last long. I squeeked out $55 and $44 rides net in 2.4x surges in 2hrs. Made the same with those 2 rides than I did with 5 hours of afternoon driving earlier today.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts