Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People take a "Black Car" in Mid-town when its surging because UberX becomes more expensive than Black during surges in NYC.

NYC TLC just changed the rules from 5 model years to 7. The average TLC car does NOT last that long. Even the durable Prius will need battery replacement at around 200-300k miles. The 4 cylinder engine in the Prius starts to burn oil at around 400k miles and finally I think 4 cyl engine throws a rod at around 600k. So if you are jamming on 50k on your car per year 5-6 years and it will be DONE.

So you get a 2-3 year old Lexus ES300H with 30k miles give or take. I saw some on Autotrader for just under 30k. The ES300H is a Camry Hybrid stretched 6 inches with real leather and sound deadening and a neat stereo. Use it in mid-town and do UberX/Black working both sides. When it starts surging you get the Black car requests as users avoid UberX. The back of your car is constantly filled.

If you ride around in a "Black Car" dress up a little, open the doors and turn on the AC. Clean the car daily. When people order a "Black Car" they do not expect the equivalent of a Green Cab showing up. As we all know, Green Cabs are pretty bad. The rejects from Manhattans Yellow Cab industry. I think Obama created the Green Cab industry for the refugees from Syria. It seems like it at times.

Dont be like that dude! When someone orders a Black Car they expect a little more. Maybe they are trying to impress a date or a business client. Dont make the experience seem like Im picking up a Green Cab in a bad area of the Bronx.

·
Banned
19 Posts
People take a "Black Car" in Mid-town when its surging because UberX becomes more expensive than Black during surges in NYC.

NYC TLC just changed the rules from 5 model years to 7. The average TLC car does NOT last that long. Even the durable Prius will need battery replacement at around 200-300k miles. The 4 cylinder engine in the Prius starts to burn oil at around 400k miles and finally I think 4 cyl engine throws a rod at around 600k. So if you are jamming on 50k on your car per year 5-6 years and it will be DONE.

So you get a 2-3 year old Lexus ES300H with 30k miles give or take. I saw some on Autotrader for just under 30k. The ES300H is a Camry Hybrid stretched 6 inches with real leather and sound deadening and a neat stereo. Use it in mid-town and do UberX/Black working both sides. When it starts surging you get the Black car requests as users avoid UberX. The back of your car is constantly filled.

If you ride around in a "Black Car" dress up a little, open the doors and turn on the AC. Clean the car daily. When people order a "Black Car" they do not expect the equivalent of a Green Cab showing up. As we all know, Green Cabs are pretty bad. The rejects from Manhattans Yellow Cab industry. I think Obama created the Green Cab industry for the refugees from Syria. It seems like it at times.

Dont be like that dude! When someone orders a Black Car they expect a little more. Maybe they are trying to impress a date or a business client. Dont make the experience seem like Im picking up a Green Cab in a bad area of the Bronx.
Hey newbie. That's what you are okay. Don't come here and tell professionals New York drivers what to do with our cars. You know diddly squat about the ny market so please get your license first and work a little than start spreading your whiny little ideas.
Ok?
By the way, this is the newbie who's against blasio who's trying to pass the cap on the ny fhv market which we need immensely and he's here telling us which car to buy.

Go back to your New Jersey thread until you're driving NY for at least a month.

Guys are you really going to listen to some newbie working for $1.10 a mile in Hoboken?

·
Registered
48 Posts

Your advice is to buy a car w/ 30,000 miles for a tad under $30K? Sweet advice.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea what car shop is going to sell you a low mile running car for 3 to 4000 even one with a salvaged title. If you find one post it here for us. Post one advertisement for a 3 to 4000 dollar decent car that will be good for driving around Manhattan 10 hours a day. You wont find it even one with a salvaged title and salvages wont pass inspection.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, there is nothing wrong being from the Middle East and driving around a car in NYC even the Green Cab. I see you guys clogging up traffic right next to Mt Sinai Hospital pushing the territory between the green and yellow. If I could get more fares, hell, I am down on the prayer mat with them. I see you guys praying up in Upper Harlem and I say to you good, this place needs a shitload of prayer. It takes some big balls to drive in the neighborhoods those guys drive especially in that Green cab which has cash on board. I respect those guys, but IMHO...the Green Cabs along with the Yellow need a bit of spritzing up. They still cabs! If you dont drive the Yellow or the Green dont act like you are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts