Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to uber just got approved for Lexington. My question to any of you Lexington members is did you go with the lease? And if you did how did you get around it? I tried to opt-in and it tells me no dealers in my area. I emailed uber and got a basic email back telling me about the lease and blah blah blah. never answering my question about getting around it. I am willing to go to Louisville and/or Cincinnati.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I'm back, thinking about going back driving again. I know the math doesn't work out; but, I guess I will see...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've just moved back here to Lexington after living in Florida for 5 years. I drove for Uber in Gainesville. I loved the job but stopped because the police and public transport companies were treating us like criminals. How are things here in Lexington. Does anybody find problems while driving? I could use some advise. I would love to drive for them again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
General consensus is the market is saturated with drivers. Right now it's very slow because UK is out of session. This is actually a good thing because it will rid the market of drivers. However, when the college students return it's expected to pick up.

Regarding harassment, I personally haven't had any issues. From some of the messages boards, it appears the drivers are encouraged by the Police because they view them as beneficial to reduce the DUI problems. Airport is welcoming and their police don't hassle the waiting drivers. Taxis are okay, there are a few that spout off but it's not a regular problem.

I did hear that LexTran, the local bus company is hiring at a little over $20 an hour. They will pay to train you to get your CDL. Of course Amazon is an option as well but much lower.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
21 Posts
General consensus is the market is saturated with drivers. Right now it's very slow because UK is out of session. This is actually a good thing because it will rid the market of drivers. However, when the college students return it's expected to pick up.

Regarding harassment, I personally haven't had any issues. From some of the messages boards, it appears the drivers are encouraged by the Police because they view them as beneficial to reduce the DUI problems. Airport is welcoming and their police don't hassle the waiting drivers. Taxis are okay, there are a few that spout off but it's not a regular problem.

I did hear that LexTran, the local bus company is hiring at a little over $20 an hour. They will pay to train you to get your CDL. Of course Amazon is an option as well but much lower.

Hope this helps!
I will be working full time. I'm just spit balling ideas for making a little extra money on the side. Thanks so much for the good advice. It gives me something to think about. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been driving here since last October. Demand really dropped after UK let out in May. You can't count on the income that you were used to making over the summer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.