Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter from TFL this morning

it says that I cant enter the congestion charge zone without a booking.

and im now supposed to send them proof of my booking for the date in question.

otherwise i can be fined £1000.

The date in question is a Friday, which im sure i was working.

Anyone else had this ? Have they got nothing better to do at TFL?

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
If working with Uber - just take screen shot of the ride taking you into a congestion charge zone and send it to them, they will cancel it.

BUT - you have to call them first explain what happened and they will tell you to write a letter but make sure both stories are the same. Take REF and person's name your speaking to on the phone.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes, I've had one arrived yesterday. Was with my own client at the time.

A scan of my private hire vehicle licence, private hire driver licence, insurance, operators licence, and the appropriate page on my diary where I write my bookings will do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is whats wrong with world first introduce to all attract and earn thousands. Once its gone to roof and its toooo0 much they start to take actions.

Who knew alot abut ph trade. Until 2014 uber started good for TFL excessive applications process got quicker and made makd money now to00.much uber and to00 much PH and they cant control it. So simply solutions great a pain and earn and cut.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
TFL are giving the London PCO registered minicabs an exemption from paying the Congestion Charge.
Any PH vehicles that are registered from outside don't receive this exemption.

So if we now start getting letters it's nothing to worry about if we only enter the zone while we're working.
This has been on the cards for a long time now

So many (not ph) drivers are buying ex-minicabs off Gumtree, AutoTrader etc with some months left before roundels expire.
Other motorists have been getting their cars registered and tested as a PHV, all these are taking the p1ss and need to be stopped.
I bet some of these scammers are also receiving the TFL enquiry letters.

It's only a matter of time before we all lose the exemption anyway, unless they allow Ph drivers with certain low emission cars to carry on getting it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Got a letter from TFL this morning

it says that I cant enter the congestion charge zone without a booking.

and im now supposed to send them proof of my booking for the date in question.

otherwise i can be fined £1000.

The date in question is a Friday, which im sure i was working.

Anyone else had this ? Have they got nothing better to do at TFL?
It's blatantly obvious from TFL's demeanour that they are biased in favour of BC's!

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Man, what's ur issues with BC's?????

Every sinlge responce you have is to show ur hate towards them......
As they say love and hate are two sides of the same coin.
I can feel his love shinning through, it might take a while, but he will reach his promised land.
Full and unadulterated love for everything black cab. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts