Uber Drivers Forum banner

Let's Strike for a week and put an end to this unfairness

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Sly 
#1 ·
Let's Strike and put end to this unfairness.

#5 · (Edited)
There is only ONE WAY you are going to get Uber to change it's "My way or the highway" mentality. You can threaten to strike, organize slow downs ,start petitions, complain or cry. Until a large number of drivers don't open the app and don't drive nothing is going to change. Uber holds all the cards and any efforts other than not driving is a futal attempt and is like trying to shovel fog!

#6 ·
Trying to organize a strike on this forum has never worked in the past. There has to be a better way to organize in each individual market. Considering that the new breed of drivers are often too brain-dead to even read, organizing here seems useless to me. Uber has too many drivers. If you could pull off a strike, there would still be plenty of greedy, short-sighted drivers who have the mentality of less drivers means more money for me.

Good luck. I hope you can really organize and pull off a meaningful strike. If you do, please come here and share detailed information of how you did it.

#13 ·
Trying to organize a strike on this forum has never worked in the past. There has to be a better way to organize in each individual market. Considering that the new breed of drivers are often too brain-dead to even read, organizing here seems useless to me. Uber has too many drivers. If you could pull off a strike, there would still be plenty of greedy, short-sighted drivers who have the mentality of less drivers means more money for me.

Good luck. I hope you can really organize and pull off a meaningful strike. If you do, please come here and share detailed information of how you did it.
I understand, But we can't give up we have to keep trying until to get everyone on board. Because this is going to benefit everyone
What percentage of Uber drivers do you think are even aware this forum exists. I would guess less than 1%. A 1% strike would be totally meaningless.
How do you intend on reaching the other 99%?
And then factor in the percentage of desperate drivers who will use the strike as a way to make more money due to the decrease in drivers.
I know that but spreading the message is very effective. This had happened in Chicago, IL and it worked. By driver relaying the message to other friends Drivers until the message was spread enough and then they set a date for Stike. Some Drivers though didn't turn off their devices at the start, but because of the shortage of drivers on the roads they couldn't handle the overwhelming far away Pings and later the shutdown their devices. Two days into the strike Uber CALLED for FREE breakfast MEETING to talk about the PARTNERS concern, and one week later Uber RAISED the RATE back.

#14 ·
I know that but spreading the message is very effective. This had happened in Chicago, IL and it worked. By driver relaying the message to other friends Drivers until the message was spread enough and then they set a date for Stike. Some Drivers though didn't turn off their devices at the start, but because of the shortage of drivers on the roads they couldn't handle the overwhelming far away Pings and later the shutdown their devices. Two days into the strike Uber CALLED for FREE breakfast MEETING to talk about the PARTNERS concern, and one week later Uber RAISED the RATE back.
I hope you succeed. I suppose there are markets where the drivers are better connected with each other than other markets. I hope your market is one of them.

#8 ·
I don't know if you'd have to strike for a whole week. What if drivers just refused to drive from 7am-9am?
That's why we have to grow A Pair. If we keep talking and whining about our situation nothing is going to happen.We have to show Uber management that we are humans that feels and think and we are not just bodies in Cars. If we are going to do something it has to be BIG to send a CLEAR message that we mean business. So one WEEK STRIKE is a good message. And this is not going to hurt anyone since we are not making any money Driving with this price RATE. If we factor our TIME, GAS and expenses we will find out that we are giving people rids for FREE.

#9 ·
If we keep talking and whining about our situation nothing is going to happen.
Do you really think that this forum is the best place to try to organize a strike? Many have tried this and all have failed.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I really want you to succeed so you can teach us all how to do it. I'm afraid that trying to organize here will result in nothing more than "talking and whining about our situation." I know that is not your intention.

#19 ·
That's why we have to grow A Pair. If we keep talking and whining about our situation nothing is going to happen.We have to show Uber management that we are humans that feels and think and we are not just bodies in Cars. If we are going to do something it has to be BIG to send a CLEAR message that we mean business. So one WEEK STRIKE is a good message. And this is not going to hurt anyone since we are not making any money Driving with this price RATE. If we factor our TIME, GAS and expenses we will find out that we are giving people rids for FREE.
I got a solution. Quit.
If Everyone *****ing quit then only the people who want to work for Uber will be working for Uber.
You don't have the right to force Uber to pay shit. And they don't have a right to force you to work. Don't think you get paid enough, quit, go work for someone else.
Problem solved.

#20 ·
That's certainly one solution. Another would be that drivers don't work for a certain period of time and Uber realizes they need drivers to make their business model work and increase the price.

Workers are allowed to try to negotiate for better working conditions. If Uber doesn't like that they change their business model or they can shut down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.