Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do think we are in for some reality here as this virus really hasn't been tested in the US up until now...even today the kits promised weren't delivered on the Monday date. As the cases double and triple everyday when we get to finally testing after four months of no response...the shutdowns will severly impact our ability to make money in a city that loves to go out... We make really good money on the entire travel, convention, hotel and restaurant and bar business...that is definitely getting shut down....

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
This weekend will be a test. Are people going to go out and party like they usually do or are they gonna stay home? Cancelled parades shouldn’t affect much evening business when I normally drive. We’ll see.

But yes. It’s going to get bad. My family is starting to get personally affected with my wife WFH and events being cancelled at my kid’s school.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
I do think we are in for some reality here as this virus really hasn't been tested in the US up until now...even today the kits promised weren't delivered on the Monday date. As the cases double and triple everyday when we get to finally testing after four months of no response...the shutdowns will severly impact our ability to make money in a city that loves to go out... We make really good money on the entire travel, convention, hotel and restaurant and bar business...that is definitely getting shut down....
But Trump said that we'd have all the tests we need. Shocking....

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
someone tested positive at the prudential building. it’s about to get real. how many of y’all can live off a tighter economy? are you prepared? get prepared. this is your heads up. you don’t want to wait for when the government tells you to get ready. stop focusing on Trump and start focusing on your stored food, water, MEDICINE, and other stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Develop a plan to rob your neighbors.

They already do.

Everybody freak out.

.....in reality it is just a different strain of the flu virus. Chill the F out, you are not part of but THE MAJOR problem in all of this when you get all apocalyptic prepper zombies are coming for your brains.

That sucks that you are so scared that you need to make everyone else scared to validate your fears.
In a properly functioning apocalyptic society cooler heads prevail and the untrustworthy unstable freaks will be taken out first, think about that if you think poop hitting the fan.

Next week toilet paper rolls will be used as currency! And dollars will be used to wipe yer butt lol.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
We are at 1000 infected already and it’s growing, will keep growing. It’s not like flu or cold, we are still learning about it. This virus stays alive on hard surfaces for almost three days. Some people need to shut the f up, it is serious now.

It’s important not to panic in these situations, but it’s also stupid not to be prepared for the 14 days quarantine, by just sticking up for 14 days of your pantry needs, and you can continue the way you were. Just fillet basic hygiene and common sense.

Wash your hands all the time, and try not touching your face as much as possible. That’s all we can do for now.

It’s not whether you might get sick, but most of us could be carriers and may pass it on to those that are most vulnerable to this infection, like old and immuno-compromised people.

In good conscience I wouldn’t want to be a reason for someone else getting sick, so as a rideshare drive, I will try to disinfect my car as many times as I can, once a every two days at least. Only the most touched surfaces, like door handles and region , seat belts etc, not the whole seats and interior.

I will continue to drive and will take all precautions and be prepared for the worst, just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
So far this season in the United States there have been at least 34 million flu illnesses, 350,000 hospitalizations and 20,000 deaths from flu.

Common sense isn't common.

What if the words are changed: So far this season in the United States CORONAVIRUS HAS INFECTED and made 34 million people sick, required 350,000 hospitalizations, and resulted in 20,000 deaths.

That would be a big deal then? SO much worse?!

Maybe you heard coronavirus targets stupid people, then yeah, you should worry.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
its the fear of unknown stupid, and the fact that the mortality rate per infection for corona is much higher, and it keeps rising still going to keep and spreading, we don't have a hold on it and we haven't developed a vaccine yet.

The market is crashing and hasn't reached the bottom yet. I suppose the whole world is crazy to take this seriously and is overreacting.

It's one thing to panic and run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and it's another thing to just bury your head in the sand like an ostrich. Find a common sense middle ground!

Excerpt:
Seasonal flu has a fatality rate of less than 1%. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases on Capitol Hill, estimates that the fatality rate of flu is closer to 0.1%. But even accounting for the mild, yet undiagnosed cases of COVID-19, he said Wednesday, it would still make it "roughly 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu."

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
The last three pandemics have been in 1987,2001 and 2008. Now this one. The major difference with this one is that social media has gone crazy over it. Plus there was no rideshare back then. The Il-informed are causing more of a problem than anything. Really people, stocking up on toilet paper…

I just made some minor adjustments to my rideshare driving habits.

I keep the front passenger window open just a crack to cause a suction of the interior air in the car. I inform the passengers of this and they are very appreciative… Well most of them are anyways. I asked them to let me know if it’s too cold and I will crank up the heat a little bit to compensate. I also ask them that if we get on the highway and the noise bothers them that I will roll up the window. I haven’t gotten any negative star ratings or comments about this being a problem with anybody.

I know longer stop at the pit at ORD to take a piss. I’ll find a hotel, gas station or McDonald’s, Walgreens. Anything but the Pit.

I definitely air out the car before and after dropping off a passenger. If I notice somebody sniffling or coughing I will pull over after dropping them off and spray some rubbing alcohol on to the seatbelt connector and the door handle. Also the back of the front seat and the back seat where they were sitting in the general area. It is still a rare occasion when I have to do this. If anything it makes me feel better.

Guys, just up your sanitary capabilities a little bit more improve the health risks that are Related with rideshare. That is all…

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.