Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the cell phone lot at IAH, do Uber drivers ever chill together in a central locale, shoot the shit, chill in between rides? I've been browsing these forums for a couple of weeks now and initially I sensed a competitive tension between many, but now it's clear there's a comaraderie among you-us-and does this happen at all?? Y'all seem chill and quick witted and i think I'd like to get in on some of that please:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Besides the cell phone lot at IAH, do Uber drivers ever chill together in a central locale, shoot the shit, chill in between rides? I've been browsing these forums for a couple of weeks now and initially I sensed a competitive tension between many, but now it's clear there's a comaraderie among you-us-and does this happen at all?? Y'all seem chill and quick witted and i think I'd like to get in on some of that please:)
Which area are you? I'm in Thw Woodlands

·
Registered
303 Posts
You guys have fun converging. The rest of us will be busy taking your fares. It would be different if we were employees and getting paid hourly and such but, we are IC's so every other driver out there is my competition. The less that are online the better for me. It sucks but it's the truth

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
There is a bank, (I think it is the Capital one [email protected] that Uber drivers seem to converge at during the 1 0 clock hour. ) These guys are obviously just waiting for the surge at 2am, and it is having a negative effect on the rest of us. (Why we are not seeing major surges at 2am, like in the past) But, you can meet some Uber drivers there.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You guys have fun converging. The rest of us will be busy taking your fares. It would be different if we were employees and getting paid hourly and such but, we are IC's so every other driver out there is my competition. The less that are online the better for me. It sucks but it's the truth
You are LC anyway. How is that TNC coming?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Got my temporary replaced with my 2 year today. Left the place and caught a call to IAH. So got my HAS done as well. Then my dumb ass sat in the TNC lot for 2 hours. Did I mention I wasted 2 hours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I stop in Town Center on my way home from real job and steal a few from the Drivers already there! Ill stay until I don't get a ping for 30 minutes. Best times seems to be Wed&Thu 9-11pm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts