1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll start:
1) Puker without remorse
2) Appologetic Puker
3) The never satisfied drunk who’s always wanting to change destinations.
4) The sometimes cranky A hole/ “B”
5) The normal or perhaps even a lil boring uneventful rider.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
In 1800 rides now after a full year, I have not have even 1 bad ride... mostly all 5 stats except for a few people who smelled like dope etc.. I think we are lucky her ein MN.. no crazy drama or CNN news stories. Never had a puker, but then again I down ever drive after 9pm.

·
Super Moderator
7,422 Posts
Mine are more general. But I can give examples of each.

1 - I never want to do this trip again under any circumstances.
2 - Trip was terrible, but if I was desperate for money I'd do it again.
3 - A couple/few issues with the trip. I'd really prefer to do other trips.
4 - One major issue or a couple of minor issues with the trip, causing it to be less profitable than others.
5 - I'd do the trip again in a heartbeat. Preferred.

Examples:

1 - Puker with no remorse. Verbally abusive, made a huge mess taking my our of service for the day/night, caused damage, physically threatening, etc.

3 - Made me wait approx. 5 minutes for a minimum fare trip, then slammed the door on the way out.

4 - Self absorbed college student. 3-4 girls Venmo-ing each other $2 to share the trip fare. Minimum fare. (Basically no chance of tipping). Or, made me wait more than 2 minutes on a minimum fare trip.

5 - Clean, polite, toes on curb. Or, made me wait a couple/few minutes but the trip was across town. ($10 ish)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Most everyone gets 5
Most people who should get 4 get 5 with me just assuming they’re having a bad day.
Any real annoyance like being obnoxious or slamming door or crazy destination changes or puking but being wise enough to ask me to pull over so they can handle outside get 3.
Not sure I’d use 2...I’m either going 1 or 3.
1 is for anyone I would want to ever see again and wouldn’t wish upon any of you all. Puking apologetic or not in my car will get 1.

Have had 2 pukers. Both early mornings. I also don’t drive bar time. One girl had her own gallon ziplock bag in her purse and said “I’m a pro at this” afterwards. The other almost lost it on her boyfriend but I pulled over and she got most of it outside. A small amount hit the door threshold and ran down to rubber floormat. They got one star and $80 fee.

·
Super Moderator
7,422 Posts
Most everyone gets 5
Most people who should get 4 get 5 with me just assuming they're having a bad day.
Any real annoyance like being obnoxious or slamming door or crazy destination changes or puking but being wise enough to ask me to pull over so they can handle outside get 3.
Not sure I'd use 2...I'm either going 1 or 3.
1 is for anyone I would want to ever see again and wouldn't wish upon any of you all. Puking apologetic or not in my car will get 1.

Have had 2 pukers. Both early mornings. I also don't drive bar time. One girl had her own gallon ziplock bag in her purse and said "I'm a pro at this" afterwards. The other almost lost it on her boyfriend but I pulled over and she got most of it outside. A small amount hit the door threshold and ran down to rubber floormat. They got one star and $80 fee.
Two star is for "I really want to hurt their rating but I might want to give them a ride again if I need the money".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most everyone gets 5
Most people who should get 4 get 5 with me just assuming they're having a bad day.
Not sure I'd use 2...I'm either going 1 or 3.
1 is for anyone I would want to ever see again and wouldn't wish upon any of you all. Puking apologetic or not in my car will get 1.

Have had 2 pukers. Both early mornings. I also don't drive bar time. One girl had her own gallon ziplock bag in her purse and said "I'm a pro at this" afterwards. The other almost lost it on her boyfriend but I pulled over and she got most of it outside. A small amount hit the door threshold and ran down to rubber floormat. They got one star and $80 fee.
I still gotta get some hospital style vomit bags...I don't trust the brown lunch bag to work right in a pinch!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Two star is for "I really want to hurt their rating but I might want to give them a ride again if I need the money".
I thought anything 3 or below stopped us from being paired again? There's enough riders here in Minneapolis that I wouldn't think twice about not giving someone I don't like a ride again. I can only think of 3 people who I have given a ride to more than once anyway in almost 4 years. Maybe Madison is different and you definitely don't want to shut down all of the customers. Ha. Even I was probably annoying from time to time when I was a student. But I was before Uber, and too poor even to use Badger Cab more than 2-3 times a year when splitting it with friends. Other than that, I walked everywhere, drunk or not!

I still gotta get some hospital style vomit bags...I don't trust the brown lunch bag to work right in a pinch!
I keep a couple full size kitchen trash bags rolled up in my driver's door pocket. They may be big, but they didn't cost me anything extra. I thought about stealing some extra bags at the Walmart self checkout, but their bags are low quality and have holes from time to time. The ones that Lunds/Byerlys use are better quality. Having a half dozen of those might be a simple solution.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pukers are an auto 1*
I gave a guy a 3 once because he at least asked me to pull over, but when I submitted a claim for cleaning fee they questioned everything because I didn’t rate him a 1. Had to go back and forth with 7 emails to get paid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pukers are an auto 1*
I gave a guy a 3 once because he at least asked me to pull over, but when I submitted a claim for cleaning fee they questioned everything because I didn't rate him a 1. Had to go back and forth with 7 emails to get paid.
Thanks for sharing. I will make sure to give the auto 1 to get that $150.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.