Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
The satisfaction of cancelling "no show" when the rider keeps you waiting 5 mins and collecting $7.50 far outweighs the satisfaction you get when you wait another 30 seconds to find its a min fare trip.... even more so if they call you with some BS reason as to why you NEED to wait.

Missing out on a big trip to get a cancellation fee instead can still be good if you want to be heading home in the other direction too.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The satisfaction of cancelling "no show" when the rider keeps you waiting 5 mins and collecting $7.50 far outweighs the satisfaction you get when you wait another 30 seconds to find its a min fare trip.... even more so if they call you with some BS reason as to why you NEED to wait.

Missing out on a big trip to get a cancellation fee instead can still be good if you want to be heading home in the other direction too.
I found out that some of my 2.0x no shows meant to be $100+ trips. :(

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Don't take surge trips from a poverty stricken area. (It's a guaranteed 1* for you)
I'm curious, does it surge in poverty stricken areas? I'm always in the CBD so don't really take notice of other areas. I've never been rated 1 because of surge pricing. I guess not all pax understand that it's not the drivers that decide surge pricing. Drivers are usually the ones that cop it when pax want to vent their anger.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm curious, does it surge in poverty stricken areas? I'm always in the CBD so don't really take notice of other areas. I've never been rated 1 because of surge pricing. I guess not all pax understand that it's not the drivers that decide surge pricing. Drivers are usually the ones that cop it when pax want to vent their anger.
There are very few poverty stricken areas in Sydney. It can and does surge everywhere from time to time but most surge is in the bondi area.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sods law means that you usually get the opposite of what you want. So, for example, if you turn up at the airport expecting a decent trip, you will most probably end up in Mascot, Arncliffe, St Peters or Wolli Creek.

Today the opposite was true for me. I wanted some nice short trips close to the CBD so that I could get to my accountant in Surry Hills punctually at 9.30. At 7.43 I picked up a fare in Sussex Street going to Huntingwood! I had to belt back to Sydney empty, and ended up being with the accountant 15 minutes late.

Never forget Sods law

·
Registered
83 Posts
my lesson from yesterday - pax may be totally ignorant of safety or consideration and may choose the most inappropriate pickup locations. like a cycle path. or a potentially busy pedestrian crossing. or right in the way of a big truck that has its hazards on and is ready to plow into your car's backside! first time i ever had to rate pax less than 5 stars and make a report to uber. i should have just cancelled.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Today the opposite was true for me. I wanted some nice short trips close to the CBD so that I could get to my accountant in Surry Hills punctually at 9.30. At 7.43 I picked up a fare in Sussex Street going to Huntingwood! I had to belt back to Sydney empty, and ended up being with the accountant 15 minutes late.
If you need to be somewhere at a particular time, use the driver destination feature. I use it every time and it's never let me down yet.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts