Uber Drivers Forum banner

Leimert Park Man Says He Was Threatened by Uber Driver in Dispute Over Cellphone

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  I_Like_Spam 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
A dolla a minute after notification would've sufficed. The driver was a grade A a$$hat for how he conducted himself. Still, some woulda thrown it out the window. The best recourse should be: ALL LOST ITEMS- return to Uber local headquarters for Pax to retrieve said item.

#3 ·
The best recourse should be: ALL LOST ITEMS- return to Uber local headquarters for Pax to retrieve said item.
The BEST course of action is to take all lost and found to the Police. The Police will issue you a receipt for it. My understanding is that the Uber Offices do not issue receipts. If the Uber Offices lose the lost and found article, the employees can deny that the driver ever brought it there. If the Police lose the article, the driver has a receipt. The Police can not deny the receipt.

Still, this driver is an obvious Rocket Scientist. The customer offered him forty bananas. Most customers will not offer you even fifty cents. This is another reason why I will not return lost articles to the customer, unless I am less than five minutes away from him. He can go to the Police and get it. He will not pay me for my time, he will suffer inconvenience.

#4 ·
I had a customer say they were going to add a tip to my lyft account to bring it to them and they never did. After they got me to drive 10 miles during a surge time after I told them I would bring it by when I was back down on their side of town.
I called them back after I saw no tip on my account after 24 hours and they swore they did it. B.S.
That's okay though, I learned my lesson. Fool me once, I can't be fooled again...

#6 ·
I had a customer say they were going to add a tip to my lyft account to bring it to them and they never did. After they got me to drive 10 miles during a surge time after I told them I would bring it by when I was back down on their side of town.
I called them back after I saw no tip on my account after 24 hours and they swore they did it. B.S.
That's okay though, I learned my lesson. Fool me once, I can't be fooled again...
Uber "partners" continuously write about how cab drivers rip passengers of by charging too much. Yet here's a driver complaining that returning a lost item would cost him to miss a surge.

It's amazing how hypocritical Uber drivers have become once they start working as a livery driver.

#7 ·
That's bit of a reach. It is not my responsibility to go out of my way to get your property back to you when you leave it in my vehicle.
Furthermore, the statement went to show how a PAX was dishonest simply to be accommodated.
Hands down, I can outperform most taxi drivers in my area. And they continue to be compensated at a higher rate. That's fine, I don't chose to make driving my profession. But, you can miss me withe the shade your throwing.
Wrong guy here. Keep it moving.

#9 ·
That's bit of a reach. It is not my responsibility to go out of my way to get your property back to you when you leave it in my vehicle.
Furthermore, the statement went to show how a PAX was dishonest simply to be accommodated.
Hands down, I can outperform most taxi drivers in my area. And they continue to be compensated at a higher rate. That's fine, I don't chose to make driving my profession. But, you can miss me withe the shade your throwing.
Wrong guy here. Keep it moving.
TRIAL BY STONE!

#8 ·
Why would the driver refuse a $40 tip?
$40 for returning a phone is more than enough. I've returned many items for free; phones, clothing, keys, toys. One time a passenger gave me $10 for a returned phone. That's why I make sure that NOTHING is left behind in my car. To protect my valuable time. It is a driver's responsibility to make sure nothing is left behind. That's why as soon as I drop, I turn on the dome light so passengers can see all of their things. And after they get out, I get into the backseat and run my hands along the entire seat to feel for any left behind objects.

Also, I just want to point out that L.A stands for Los A-Holes. This UBER driver acted like a complete idiot. He thought he was going to get full retail value for a cell phone which could easily be $200. What a fool. And then he physically threatened a passenger with violence that got caught on video. He got what he deserved, arrest and de-activation.

#11 ·
well its alleged he offerred 40, he could of offered just 4 bucks
most uber drivers I know would glady have taken the 40
the video doesn't have audio so we really don't know what was going on

however if we want to believe every word the pax said that happened, then yes, the driver is clearly in the wrong

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.