Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's my belief that in the not so distant future, business schools will use uber as an example when discussing ethics or lack of when a company puts it's business model before it's people and the community at large. Uber/Kalanick is the 21st century version of the 18th century industrial barons Getty, JP Morgen and so on who used whatever means to crush any and all threats. Uber has proven time and time again that is does not subscribe to a win win philosophy when you take into account the shear number of lawsuits it has incurred around the globe. Yes the service is a success but the true cost has yet to be tallied.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's my belief that in the not so distant future, business schools will use uber as an example when discussing ethics or lack of when a company puts it's business model before it's people and the community at large. Uber/Kalanick is the 21st century version of the 18th century industrial barons Getty, JP Morgen and so on who used whatever means to crush any and all threats. Uber has proven time and time again that is does not subscribe to a win win philosophy when you take into account the shear number of lawsuits it has incurred around the globe. Yes the service is a success but the true cost has yet to be tallied.
Very Absolute True.

·
Registered
692 Posts
'Market realities' I've joked about it in the DTW forum recently but it's absolutely true, if you're not careful with how you drive in this area you could quickly find yourself making a lower hourly rate than........drum roll please.......Mexican auto workers. A business model that provides a service for less than it costs to produce can't succeed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
'Market realities' I've joked about it in the DTW forum recently but it's absolutely true, if you're not careful with how you drive in this area you could quickly find yourself making a lower hourly rate than........drum roll please.......Mexican auto workers. A business model that provides a service for less than it costs to produce can't succeed.
But Uber business model is to Pass the risk and cost of doing business on driver.So its working for Uber not so much for drivers.Countdown to Self driving Cars??

·
Registered
692 Posts
That would be Lyft partnering with GM. Truly autonomous vehicles are decades away, imo. The business model in these parts would only be possible if the vehicles were relatively inexpensive to purchase AND operate. User's been in business for 6 years, imo what they're doing now is attempting to position themselves for an ipo. Those venture capital companies are probably at least a little anxious for a payday by now, as are the principals probably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts