1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Uber Drivers,

I am Working as a Bus driver In London,
I have got a Pco License and Pco car Ready,
My question to you is that can I make same money and enjoy flexibility with Uber compare to my shift Pattern job as I sometimes have to start 4.00 Am in the morning,
My company paying me 31 K per annum gross (after tax &Ni you take home 24K approx i.e 450 a week) and three week paid holidays over 4o hrs a week work,

any suggestions are highly appreciated.

thanks

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
HI Uber Drivers,

My question to you is that can I make same money and enjoy flexibility with Uber compare to my shift Pattern job as I sometimes have to start 4.00 Am in the morning,
My company paying me 31 K per annum gross (after tax &Ni you take home 24K approx i.e 450 a week) and three week paid holidays over 4o hrs a week work,

thanks
Stick with your current job, I suggest you do a bit more research and reading on this forum.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Stick to your current job. Uber is dying.
No holidays paid no annual leave nothing plus loads of swarm at the airports lol **** me i hate those guys xE

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mate stay where you are! Do evening classes, or something on the Open University of you want a different job. You are earning more money than we are, for less hours, and you get sick and holiday pay.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
you have guaranteed daily work with holiday pay, sick pay and pension. your taxes are sorted for you and the tools of your trade supplied freely. if it's flexibility you want then full time minicabing isn't an option. the only way to earn in PH is by doing long, boring hours. good luck with whatever you choose but if i were you i wouldn't change my career for one so very saturated.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Lots of parallels with your current job:
  1. Shitty passengers.
  2. Crazy traffic.
  3. Certifiable maniac drivers all around you.
  4. Cabbies who hate you.
  5. Cyclists who wants to take you on.
Add all you want to the list.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Get your own car(not hired one) and work only on weekends nights, if you could. Don't leave your current job.
Now tell me how much I will earn as a new bus driver if I drive bus.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Ah the beauty of the misinformed, he must have seen all those adds, make a million dollars driving with Uber, LOL.
Heck, why go to college and earn a degree, Uber is the way to go, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Mind you would you want to drive a London Bus,it deffo isnt "On The Buses" is it,all those schoolshits for a start,many of you talk about the "freedom" of minicabbing maybe he would like to earn less without the ag

·
Banned
550 Posts
HI Uber Drivers,

thanks
I know that bus drivers do those brutal rotating shifts, which must make working an extra shift for a bit of crust doubly harder, in minicabbing you could somewhat use its flexibility to your advantage provided you don't mind working longer hours, often a lot longer, but you will make a bit more money then the busses, but in the long run it, s is humanly impossible to sustain this regime, uber's customers are a bit of a shit as well (because they sussed out uber don't care), so I recommend that one should only do this job as a stepping stone or a means to and end,

Maybe keep your existing job, and perhaps apply to get a job as a strecht limo driver, they are always looking for partime/ad - hoc drivers with a pcv licence to drive their limo ' s or tour busses,
you can look under driving jobs in Gumtree, or Google limo/bus driving jobs

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I know that bus drivers do those brutal rotating shifts, which must make working an extra shift for a bit of crust doubly harder, in minicabbing you could somewhat use its flexibility to your advantage provided you don't mind working longer hours, often a lot longer, but you will make a bit more money then the busses, but in the long run it, s is humanly impossible to sustain this regime, uber's customers are a bit of a shit as well (because they sussed out uber don't care), so I recommend that one should only do this job as a stepping stone or a means to and end,

Maybe keep your existing job, and perhaps apply to get a job as a stretch limo driver, they are always looking for part time/ad - hac drivers with a pcv licence to drive their limo ' s or tour buses,
you can look under driving jobs in Gumtree, or Google limo/
You will not make more money, you need to take into consideration that you will be using your own car "wear and tear and many other expenses", you will be a 1099 "here in the US, I don't know the number status for the UK" self employed, which means you will be liable to pay your own taxes, no paid sick days or paid vacation days, when you take off it costs you double, food for thought. If you have a job that gives you benefits, no matter how shitty it is, I suggest you keep it for the meantime until you can find something better, Uber is not the answer.

·
Banned
550 Posts
You will not make more money, you need to take into consideration that you will be using your own car "wear and tear and many other expenses", you will be a 1099 "here in the US, I don't know the number status for the UK" self employed, which means you will be liable to pay your own taxes, no paid sick days or paid vacation days, when you take off it costs you double, food for thought. If you have a job that gives you benefits, no matter how shitty it is, I suggest you keep it for the meantime until you can find something better, Uber is not the answer.
If you work 6 days with u er over here you'll make slightly more, but it's not sustainable, please read the post in full

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Let me give you this advice..if you dnt want a boss and you lyk doing things when you want and also you are happy getting paid average money where you can make a living then go for it..its not that bad as people say...if you work at a supermarket you will have to worklike a dog even tho you wud get holiday pay. Remember yoy will have to give all ur time in ur car. I dnt care about pax if i dnt like sumn they do..i jus tell em to F OFF

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Let me give you this advice..if you dnt want a boss and you lyk doing things when you want and also you are happy getting paid average money where you can make a living then go for it..its not that bad as people say...if you work at a supermarket you will have to worklike a dog even tho you wud get holiday pay. Remember yoy will have to give all ur time in ur car. I dnt care about pax if i dnt like sumn they do..i jus tell em to F OFF
What did you say.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts