Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good God that's ridiculous. That's 4x what I pay a month for my Lexus. I've heard stories about driver's having to sleep in the backseat of their car because of those outrageous payments...
Hahaha I spend more than that on weed lol. I make way more than 200 plus my fiance does also. Plus I'll rather put hella miles on a rental than my own car or my girls.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You can't compare Elantra lease vs Lexus, where first one is intended for a business usage with unlimited miles and the second one is for personal use with a 10000 miles cap as well as a few thousand dollars down.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahaha I spend more than that on weed lol. I make way more than 200 plus my fiance does also. Plus I'll rather put hella miles on a rental than my own car or my girls.
I have 3 Lexus'. I use my midsized to ub because it is the least expensive of the 3. There is no way in hell I would use either of my LS's for these cheapskates. If I could I would ub in my 93 Honda del sol and really cut miles and expenses.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
As a point of reference for a conventional lease I was just in a Kia dealer last night and they offered a 16' Kia Soul + package (upgraded engine, audio, exterior & interior trim) lease - 39 months with 1,250 miles / month allowance, 100 K drivetrain / 60 K bumper to bumper warranty at $306 / month (+ $.20 / mile for excess miles). I didn't take it. First month payment down.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a point of reference for a conventional lease I was just in a Kia dealer last night and they offered a 16' Kia Soul + package (upgraded engine, audio, exterior & interior trim) lease - 39 months with 1,250 miles / month allowance, 100 K drivetrain / 60 K bumper to bumper warranty at $306 / month (+ $.20 / mile for excess miles). I didn't take it. First month payment down.
1250 miles gets done in a week on Uber. We're talking apples and oranges in this case.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not to insult anyone here...I don't know how old you guys are, but I was 10 when Hyundai came to our market. Kia and Hyundai are virtually the same. There is no way I would buy either brand. I still can't wrap my head around the Genesis brand. I mean come on.... $70000 for a V8 rear wheel drive Hyundai . ...no way. I would rather spend a little more and roll Lexus. No problems, great service, free loaners if....and I do mean IF you have to take a LEX to the stealership. And of course, my favorite, demonic power. Many dont know, and I rarely tell, but most LEX'S will run down these "muscle cars" in comfort and class. To quote Notorious BIG" my cars do 160 swiftly." I'm not driving at 160 mph but its always a good feeling to know that if I don't want someone to catch me, they won't.

·
Registered
413 Posts
With the rental from Enterprise a driver never has to pay maintenance or insurance...it's included. We don't get to deduct mileage but do get to deduct the full cost of the car and gas. (At least in my case because I used the rental solely to do rideshare. Please consult your own tax guru.) If I get a puker or I want a different car I just reserve one and bring the other one back. I do this with Lyft and am in the 65 rides and the car is free for the week (except gas). The minimum ride goals have gone up.

This works best for me. My original vehicle when I started driving did not qualify. I have since been able to purchase a new to me, used car that would qualify. I was not locked in to driving every week. I could drop the car off with a day notice of return. Yes it takes more planning. Yes the week ride target has gone up for a free rental. No you can't get in the program if you started with your own vehicle. I can take days off or quit and just return the car with no wear and tear on mine. It works for me. Yes I am limited to one platform. You will not receive/qualify for incentives. Your incentive is to take the number of trips required to pay as little for the car as possible.

It's not perfect but it worked for me. I purchased a used car with no car payment. And it's not some crap held together by duct tape and a prayer. 2012 Sedan with just a hair over 60k miles. It took me months to save up the money. You must be willing to grind and learn your market.

If you rent a car you need to plan. You need to be thinking 3-5 days ahead of time at least. You can't just decide "Hey I think I'll drive tonight/today/the next couple hours." You need to plan and learn your spots so you are not living in the thing. And sometimes a little luck comes in handy. It is not for everyone. If you are not goal driven you will fail.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Not to insult anyone here...I don't know how old you guys are, but I was 10 when Hyundai came to our market. Kia and Hyundai are virtually the same. There is no way I would buy either brand. I still can't wrap my head around the Genesis brand. I mean come on.... $70000 for a V8 rear wheel drive Hyundai . ...no way. I would rather spend a little more and roll Lexus. No problems, great service, free loaners if....and I do mean IF you have to take a LEX to the stealership. And of course, my favorite, demonic power. Many dont know, and I rarely tell, but most LEX'S will run down these "muscle cars" in comfort and class. To quote Notorious BIG" my cars do 160 swiftly." I'm not driving at 160 mph but its always a good feeling to know that if I don't want someone to catch me, they won't.
I do remember 1986 quite well (I have a few years on you) and I would agree that Excel was scary. But times change and while it may not be your preference, they make some solid, well priced cars today. While I didn't care for the Soul, I drive an Optima Hybrid now and it has been a very good car that has held up quite well. A lot better than my last Ford unfortunately.

·
Registered
72 Posts
With the rental from Enterprise a driver never has to pay maintenance or insurance...it's included. We don't get to deduct mileage but do get to deduct the full cost of the car and gas. (At least in my case because I used the rental solely to do rideshare. Please consult your own tax guru.) If I get a puker or I want a different car I just reserve one and bring the other one back. I do this with Lyft and am in the 65 rides and the car is free for the week (except gas). The minimum ride goals have gone up.

This works best for me. My original vehicle when I started driving did not qualify. I have since been able to purchase a new to me, used car that would qualify. I was not locked in to driving every week. I could drop the car off with a day notice of return. Yes it takes more planning. Yes the week ride target has gone up for a free rental. No you can't get in the program if you started with your own vehicle. I can take days off or quit and just return the car with no wear and tear on mine. It works for me. Yes I am limited to one platform. You will not receive/qualify for incentives. Your incentive is to take the number of trips required to pay as little for the car as possible.

It's not perfect but it worked for me. I purchased a used car with no car payment. And it's not some crap held together by duct tape and a prayer. 2012 Sedan with just a hair over 60k miles. It took me months to save up the money. You must be willing to grind and learn your market.

If you rent a car you need to plan. You need to be thinking 3-5 days ahead of time at least. You can't just decide "Hey I think I'll drive tonight/today/the next couple hours." You need to plan and learn your spots so you are not living in the thing. And sometimes a little luck comes in handy. It is not for everyone. If you are not goal driven you will fail.
Well said. I call it "the learning curve." If a driver wanders around aimlessly they will surely regret it down the road. I have target hours I drive in a midsize late model Lexus GS with a fuel efficient V6 that I paid a few thousand for. To the riders they think it's a new model. Everyday someone asks what year model and since it's less than 10 years I tell them and feel great about the deal I got on a $60000 car and I'm winning. ...so far.

I do remember 1986 quite well (I have a few years on you) and I would agree that Excel was scary. But times change and while it may not be your preference, they make some solid, well priced cars today. While I didn't care for the Soul, I drive an Optima Hybrid now and it has been a very good car that has held up quite well. A lot better than my last Ford unfortunately.
I will agree with you there. My stepdad has rented Sonatas and Optimas when he comes to visit. I have drove them both and I have to say...I was impressed. Im just a Honda boy and a Lexus man. It's something about those cars that makes me feel secure... Probably the 15+years of trouble free motoring and the free Lexus valet at so many places here in Texas have spoiled me.

·
Registered
631 Posts
See this is why I like this rental plan and xchange leasing plan...... Unlimited milage. 1,000 miles is too low for me. Shit that's too low just for personal use not to mention ubering lol.

I did 125 in my 2015 Altima one late night on the Dan Ryan. That ***** is fast as **** low key though. Acceleration is crazy.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daaaamn!!! I pay $267 a MONTH for my VW Tiguan. Talk about being raped!!! $200 a week? And to make matters worse, Elantra?
See this is why I like this rental plan and xchange leasing plan...... Unlimited milage. 1,000 miles is too low for me. Shit that's too low just for personal use not to mention ubering lol.

I did 125 in my 2015 Altima one late night on the Dan Ryan. That ***** is fast as &%[email protected]!* low key though. Acceleration is crazy.
125mph?! Why?! It's not a game! If you're not mature enough to drive like an adult just stay home and play with your Xbox!
You heard about that crash in Des plains two weeks ago that killed a family and a driver that was going 100mph?!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Daaaamn!!! I pay $267 a MONTH for my VW Tiguan. Talk about being raped!!! $200 a week? And to make matters worse, Elantra?
Shit I get good gas mileage bro this a good car imo.

125mph?! Why?! It's not a game! If you're not mature enough to drive like an adult just stay home and play with your Xbox!
You heard about that crash in Des plains two weeks ago that killed a family and a driver that was going 100mph?!
Fool I've been driving for YEARS. I know how to best avoid accidents. Plus re read my post it wasn't NOBODY ON THE EWAY PERIOD. I was by myself from 79th to Roosevelt.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
None of those great dealer deals are available if you have crappy credit. Many on here do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts