Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make sure your Uber ID is visible, and that you park close enough to the curb. My UBER tag had fallen off my window, so I put it on my seat. Cop walks up to me, after watching riders get out of back seat, and says that my UBER ID needs to ALWAYS be visible and that I was 3 feet off the curb, (law says 18 inches, max). The cop ends up impounding my car and giving me a ticket for violating PUC code. As soon as he was done with me, he got another guy for the same thing. Cop takes your keys, and talks to passengers to verify that I was a for profit driver. Between the impound & the ticket, it will run about a grand....

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
It's funny how these new members always post these impoundings at lax.

I have 2000 fkn rides under my belt and countless of lax runs and have not seen one tow truck taking away an uber.

I know it happens but whoever posts this is trying to scare everybody.

Regardless I always throw my U on when doing lax and remove it promptly when leaving. **** uber. I'm not advertising for you.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
How is it 18" off the curb when they double stack you to unload? Traffic cops tell you where to park as they are there during busy times.

Doesn't make sense. Over 4k rides, most to lax. Never had an issue and I just toss my trade dress on the dashboard before I enter lax.

Sorry but your story has holes in it. Post your ticket.

Taxi driver trying to scare ride share drivers. I was there today, in fact I'm there everyday. I don't see tow trucks.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Make sure your Uber ID is visible, and that you park close enough to the curb. My UBER tag had fallen off my window, so I put it on my seat. Cop walks up to me, after watching riders get out of back seat, and says that my UBER ID needs to ALWAYS be visible and that I was 3 feet off the curb, (law says 18 inches, max). The cop ends up impounding my car and giving me a ticket for violating PUC code. As soon as he was done with me, he got another guy for the same thing. Cop takes your keys, and talks to passengers to verify that I was a for profit driver. Between the impound & the ticket, it will run about a grand....
Don't pay any attention to the troll.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've been avoiding LAX all together. I just drop the pax off at the on ramp to world wa, and keep going straight down Sepulveda. I tell the pax this is as far as I can go,and that Uber been ban from LAX. They usually 1 star me but a few short rides gets me to a healthy rating.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
NO BUYING. NEXT!

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
Did you get your car out yet? What company towed it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you post your citation?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Nice dog. But bad advice. Never a problem at lax. Cops even ok when I leave ride for a pee. Treat others with respect and see what happens

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
How is it 18" off the curb when they double stack you to unload? Traffic cops tell you where to park as they are there during busy times.

Doesn't make sense. Over 4k rides, most to lax. Never had an issue and I just toss my trade dress on the dashboard before I enter lax.

Sorry but your story has holes in it. Post your ticket.

Taxi driver trying to scare ride share drivers. I was there today, in fact I'm there everyday. I don't see tow trucks.
And these others ****** BAGS have the balls to say TAXI drivers mind there own business. Who the ****
are they trying to pull. I remember when I first started I had other drivers tell me they were harassed by those cock
suckers..

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I always tell my passengers that air travel is the work of the Devil, then we go enjoy apple fritters at Randy's Donuts instead.
I got an apple fritter there and a cinnamon roll on your recommendation and they were not bad.

Reactions: UberComic

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOL, since when do the cops take keys? bullshit story....

1 - 20 of 112 Posts