Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this ride like 2 weeks ago and wanted to share for your reading pleasure.

Normal weekend night at LAX, get a ping for "J". Pull up, guy looks like young professional type, along with a pretty hot blonde chick. I help them with like 5 huge bags, then "J" tells me "where just going to the nearest In n Out". (I was screaming inside my head **** this shit) But I said sure awesome.

We're almost out of LAX when he says he can't find his phone. Couple minutes of searching and he tells me to pull over to look. I pull over at some hotel by imperial and he looks everywhere but can't find it.

Blonde offers to call his phone and luckily some other uber driver found it on the floor at sign A. (Jeez I guess we're good guys after all!) So he tells me if we can go back inside LAX to get it. So now between waiting at the lot, picking up this guy, looking for his phone, and circling back, it had to be around 30 minutes wasted and just for a mile or 2 trip.....greeaaat. Wait but it gets better!

As we're heading back into LAX the blonde gets a call from a guy. She's now full on shouting and cursing and arguing with this guy on the phone. I was quiet and J was super quiet as well. She was telling the guy that she was taking so long becuz some guy lost his phone and she was just sharing an uber with him. Then she starting screaming really loud saying "Don't Do it I'll be right there!" Guy on the line apparently then called her a Mexican, and she freaked out. I was like wtf is wrong with being Mexican lol. She starts screaming "this is my thereapy trip and your going to make me mess up again!"

Anyways long story long, guy gets his phone back and now we are on our way to drop her off at some hotel on airport and 98th to this crazy guy who apparently got the room for both of them?? I was sooo confused, blonde told us he wasn't her boyfriend, just an old friend who she was supposed to be with that night. Weird af...she then starts talking to J saying she's sorry and that hopefully this guy on the phone isn't waiting outside the hotel Room, becuz he's some physco man that will him up. They are talking and coming up with a plan while I drive to the hotel and they tell me to drop her off like a block away from the hotel so there would be no fight. She then kisses him and tells him to call her tomorrow to hang out. She gets her shit and leaves the car.

Now it's just me and J, and he tells me to pop the trunk to make sure she didn't steal his hit. Weird....he gets back in and continues to tell me he was sooo sorry for everything and that he had no clue who that crazy ***** was. Basically he saw her at Rideshare Sign A...started talking to her and offered to share his uber with her. Just to get her number or something.

We're laughing about it all way to his home which was in Van Nuys thank God! plus he wanted to give me a tip but he said he had no cash ;(((( so then he did what people should do when they want to really give u a tip..he told me to pull into a 7 11 and he got some cash and tipped me $15. Started out pretty shitty, but ended well. Sorry this got so long! Just had to share it. And remember, try not to offer your uber to strangers.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Quote of the month by the OP, " And remember, try not to offer your uber to strangers."

Followed those poetic words all day yesterday and sometimes for a few weeks. :)

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
Loved it....it is so what we deal with at least once in a week. That said, you do realize his phone was in another Uber, cuz once that driver heard 'Closest In&Out' he kicked them out! LOL

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Had this ride like 2 weeks ago and wanted to share for your reading pleasure.

Normal weekend night at LAX, get a ping for "J". Pull up, guy looks like young professional type, along with a pretty hot blonde chick. I help them with like 5 huge bags, then "J" tells me "where just going to the nearest In n Out". (I was screaming inside my head &%[email protected]!* this shit) But I said sure awesome.

We're almost out of LAX when he says he can't find his phone. Couple minutes of searching and he tells me to pull over to look. I pull over at some hotel by imperial and he looks everywhere but can't find it.

Blonde offers to call his phone and luckily some other uber driver found it on the floor at sign A. (Jeez I guess we're good guys after all!) So he tells me if we can go back inside LAX to get it. So now between waiting at the lot, picking up this guy, looking for his phone, and circling back, it had to be around 30 minutes wasted and just for a mile or 2 trip.....greeaaat. Wait but it gets better!

As we're heading back into LAX the blonde gets a call from a guy. She's now full on shouting and cursing and arguing with this guy on the phone. I was quiet and J was super quiet as well. She was telling the guy that she was taking so long becuz some guy lost his phone and she was just sharing an uber with him. Then she starting screaming really loud saying "Don't Do it I'll be right there!" Guy on the line apparently then called her a Mexican, and she freaked out. I was like wtf is wrong with being Mexican lol. She starts screaming "this is my thereapy trip and your going to make me mess up again!"

Anyways long story long, guy gets his phone back and now we are on our way to drop her off at some hotel on airport and 98th to this crazy guy who apparently got the room for both of them?? I was sooo confused, blonde told us he wasn't her boyfriend, just an old friend who she was supposed to be with that night. Weird af...she then starts talking to J saying she's sorry and that hopefully this guy on the phone isn't waiting outside the hotel Room, becuz he's some physco man that will him up. They are talking and coming up with a plan while I drive to the hotel and they tell me to drop her off like a block away from the hotel so there would be no fight. She then kisses him and tells him to call her tomorrow to hang out. She gets her shit and leaves the car.

Now it's just me and J, and he tells me to pop the trunk to make sure she didn't steal his hit. Weird....he gets back in and continues to tell me he was sooo sorry for everything and that he had no clue who that crazy ***** was. Basically he saw her at Rideshare Sign A...started talking to her and offered to share his uber with her. Just to get her number or something.

We're laughing about it all way to his home which was in Van Nuys thank God! plus he wanted to give me a tip but he said he had no cash ;(((( so then he did what people should do when they want to really give u a tip..he told me to pull into a 7 11 and he got some cash and tipped me $15. Started out pretty shitty, but ended well. Sorry this got so long! Just had to share it. And remember, try not to offer your uber to strangers.
You had me going thinking it was an Uber pool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.