Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I think Uber is trying to figure a way to make it a level playing field. Maybe Uber thought the phone farm idea was legit. Because if you take into account the waiting time, you could call someone to pickup a phone that's about to ping then they can hand off their other phone to put back in the que.

Now listen up when I say this. This has to do with the idea of a phone farm. Not any ethnic group. Lets leave it at the idea of is it feasible, with the timer on it, very feasible and very easy to do. If 20 drivers do it and one person works the lot, each driver could pay the lot farmer $20 a day and he would make $400 net. Meanwhile the drivers could pick up and dead mile back to LAX and have another ride, probably in about 30 minutes.

Just so you all know, it's pretty easy to do, as Uber accounts are tracked by email addresses and phone numbers. Easy to make a gmail account and get a google voice number linked to it. Uber should track accounts by SS# internally, so any SS# having more than one account should be flagged. The way it is now, I have two accounts, both with my picture.

If anyone questions the car I tell them I logged into the wrong car by accident. I have never had no one tell me let me cancek and ping you again so I am i the correct car.

It has happened to me in the past, when I have dropped a car off for maintenance and I was using my other car and forgot to log into the correct car.

In conclusion, I think Uber is trying to figure a way to prevent phone farming That's why the que is back, but you don't have a clue how long you will be waiting. And lets face it, do you want to sits a few hours thinking, maybe or maybe not I'll get a ping.

For X, it's not a big deal, for select, you can waste allot of time waiting for a ping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think Uber is trying to figure a way to make it a level playing field. Maybe Uber thought the phone farm idea was legit. Because if you take into account the waiting time, you could call someone to pickup a phone that's about to ping then they can hand off their other phone to put back in the que.

Now listen up when I say this. This has to do with the idea of a phone farm. Not any ethnic group. Lets leave it at the idea of is it feasible, with the timer on it, very feasible and very easy to do. If 20 drivers do it and one person works the lot, each driver could pay the lot farmer $20 a day and he would make $400 net. Meanwhile the drivers could pick up and dead mile back to LAX and have another ride, probably in about 30 minutes.

Just so you all know, it's pretty easy to do, as Uber accounts are tracked by email addresses and phone numbers. Easy to make a gmail account and get a google voice number linked to it. Uber should track accounts by SS# internally, so any SS# having more than one account should be flagged. The way it is now, I have two accounts, both with my picture.

If anyone questions the car I tell them I logged into the wrong car by accident. I have never had no one tell me let me cancek and ping you again so I am i the correct car.

It has happened to me in the past, when I have dropped a car off for maintenance and I was using my other car and forgot to log into the correct car.

In conclusion, I think Uber is trying to figure a way to prevent phone farming That's why the que is back, but you don't have a clue how long you will be waiting. And lets face it, do you want to sits a few hours thinking, maybe or maybe not I'll get a ping.

For X, it's not a big deal, for select, you can waste allot of time waiting for a ping.
Well said. Now carry it one step further-- how about referring a second account to sign up for Uber? Lots of money at play...

·
Premium Member
7,609 Posts

Here is what I had to say some 13 moths ago about this on this very forum .
Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

This is known practice ( for years),just like when there was no queue line ,drivers would walk to terminal to be near at the ping.
No one is that stupid to bring signal jamming devices to federal property, especially airport.
As for someone to help them and who's working at LAX, sorry but that's plain delusional.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dropped at LAX, went toward Jenny and never saw a queue signal. Got an immediate ping for LAX pickup, and within seconds got the text from Uber that the LAX queue was full and I should leave. Huh.
Nice ride to Industry with 2.0 platinum rate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is what I had to say some 13 moths ago about this on this very forum .
View attachment 42848

This is known practice ( for years),just like when there was no queue line ,drivers would walk to terminal to be near at the ping.
No one is that stupid to bring signal jamming devices to federal property, especially airport.
As for someone to help them and who's working at LAX, sorry but that's plain delusional.
So, you're saying the phone farm is a known practice. That means it's okay???

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that several detailed pics of a certain "group" holding certain "devices" (not phones) have been forwarded to the airport authority. Things should sort themselves out soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts