Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been Googling a bunch and can't find a satisfactory answer, so I'm just going to look stupid and ask here since I know I'll get a quick answer --

How do I find what I signed with Uber and figure if I opted out or whatever the hell is required to participate in the class action lawsuit? Also find the exact date I started with Uber.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I've been Googling a bunch and can't find a satisfactory answer, so I'm just going to look stupid and ask here since I know I'll get a quick answer --

How do I find what I signed with Uber and figure if I opted out or whatever the hell is required to participate in the class action lawsuit? Also find the exact date I started with Uber.

Thanks ahead of time.
To opt out you would have had to either send an email to Uber stating that you are opting out or to the Uber drivers' attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan. I would think you would have an email in your sent box. To find out the exact date you started, I would go to your trip history. Did you start in 2015?

Surprisingly, it appears that the partner agreement Uber has loaded on the driver's dashboard is not the agreement signed by the driver when he/she started w/ Uber in some cases. They have replaced the original agreement with the amended version. Thus, the original agreement is no longer there.

Reactions: ScUberdoo

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprisingly, it appears that the partner agreement Uber has loaded on the driver's dashboard is not the agreement signed by the driver when he/she started w/ Uber in some cases. They have replaced the original agreement with the amended version. Thus, the original agreement is no longer there.
Thanks, Gemgirlla! But crap - so if you didn't print out what you originally agreed to, you're screwed? Seems like a real legal pit for Uber to walk into - even worse than they usually do.

I'll explore my dashboard for the doc. Btw I started July or Aug 2014, so sounds like before the change.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thanks, Gemgirlla! But crap - so if you didn't print out what you originally agreed to, you're screwed? Seems like a real legal pit for Uber to walk into - even worse than they usually do.

I'll explore my dashboard for the doc. Btw I started July or Aug 2014, so sounds like before the change.
I don't think Uber is that lucky. As long as we can prove when we started, which we can based on the trip history and weekly invoices, we can prove the version of the agreement that was valid when we joined. I started just after you but before November 2014. When I went on to my dashboard, the partner agreement on there is dated Nov 10, 2014. Totally sketchy. As you probably know, what version of the agreement to which a driver originally agreed when we signed up for Uber is what determines whether he/she is in the class for purposes of the drivers' federal case in front of Judge Chen in San Fran.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think Uber is that lucky. As long as we can prove when we started, which we can based on the trip history and weekly invoices, we can prove the version of the agreement that was valid when we joined. I started just after you but before November 2014. When I went on to my dashboard, the partner agreement on there is dated Nov 10, 2014. Totally sketchy. As you probably know, what version of the agreement to which a driver originally agreed when we signed up for Uber is what determines whether he/she is in the class for purposes of the drivers' federal case in front of Judge Chen in San Fran.
Found it - I started in 8/14 but signed the 11/10/14 update. So do I need to and/or am able to opt out at this point?

Gemgirlla were you able to sign up for lawsuit?

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
Found it - I started 8/11/14 but signed the 11/10/14. So do I need to and/or am able to opt out at this point?

Gemgirlla were
Go to uberlawsuit.com that is the website for Liss-Riordan.

You can opt out there. If you are beyond the 30 day window you can still sign up and they will take your case on an individual basis.

There is a very good chance the arbitration clause will be thrown out.

Go to uberlawsuit.com

And tell your friends to go there too.

Reactions: Gemgirlla

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to uberlawsuit.com that is the website for Liss-Riordan.

You can opt out there. If you are beyond the 30 day window you can still sign up and they will take your case on an individual basis.

There is a very good chance the arbitration clause will be thrown out.

Go to uberlawsuit.com

And tell your friends to go there too.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
No prob, like I said tell your uber driver friends about opting out and while you are at it invite them to join uberpeople.net.

Spread the word.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Found it - I started in 8/14 but signed the 11/10/14 update. So do I need to and/or am able to opt out at this point?

Gemgirlla were you able to sign up for lawsuit?
I would send an email to the Uber attorneys just in case. I sent an opted out within the 30 days. I think I would be included in the class but haven't received anything from the attorneys about it. I will follow up with them in a few weeks to find out the status of notify the class members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts