Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't driven since late April because I was having some work done to my car, so I just started driving again yesterday. I ussually stay in Tarrant County because I don't have a valid vehicle permit for Dallas. I was planning to go get one today along with an airport permit, but I was reading this morning though that Texas has standardized rideshare laws throughout the state and it said I no longer need a driver's permit in Dallas as of May. Does this mean I don't need a vehicle permit anymore either? And if I do need a vehicle permit still, does anyone know where I go to get that? Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went to DFW to get a renewal today. Went early at 9:00am and was out in 15 mins.
They want vin #, drivers license and to see your Uber app is working.
They will verify state inspection when they take the sticker out to your vehicle.

I agree don't wait out there as the queue is stupid long, but I want mine just in case I drop off and get an immediate ping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.