Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
This morning I woke up to a not-so-friendly email from UberEats saying:

"We are writing to let you know that last week, for the second time, you had multiple pickups and/or dropoffs that were significantly late. Unfortunately, if you have one more week with multiple arrivals that are significantly late, you'll lose access to the Uber partner app."

Has anyone else ever had this message before?

Will I really be deactivated on my third strike or is it a scare tactic? I only have a total of two late complaints with over 100 deliveries. 91% satisfaction rate. I'm only a month in so I'm still fairly new.

What is the ETA that customers are given?

It's hard to be fast when restaurants are dragging their feet sometimes. I know I can just cancel an order if the wait is too long, but I've read that too many of those can also lead to deactivation.

It feels like I'm just going down a road that inevitably leads to deactivation no matter what I'll do.
I got this message also today lol. I just took shower after getting the beep which takes about 10 minutes. is that significantly late?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta Carmine
The uber eats interface on the app may vary for different markets....in my market (Vegas), there is a "food not ready" selection to make if the food isn't ready upon arrival (at that time, the app will give you the option of cancelling) .... When the food IS ready and before embarking on the delivery to the customer, the app will display a thumbs up or thumbs down on how the pickup process went ..... You can select the "thumbs down" button for the reason "order took too long"........ These options SHOULD let uber know its not your fault for a late delivery.......

Very very often the food is not ready when I arrive......but I haven't cancelled an uber eats order yet

I would love to know if and how the restaurants are penalized when its mainly THEIR fault for the late orders?..... Like how many times can an establishment screw up before they're thrown off of the platform?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, order not rdy option is there, u always just get a msg Uber will notify the rest.

When thumb down a p/u, there are like 5 red circle options.

Has anyone actually lost access to ue due to p/u or deliver delay?

·
Registered
558 Posts
When thumb down a p/u, there are like 5 red circle options.
I dont recall 5 red circle options.... My app has written options....one being "order took too long"

-Also, when receiving "cold"pickups that ARE ready IE; malts, slurpees, ice cream and other "melting" foods (especially when waiting in long drive thru lines).... Its best to make the restaurant replace those items before you start delivery or YOU could be dinged for professionalism "items damaged" notice

I got this message also today lol. I just took shower after getting the beep which takes about 10 minutes. is that significantly late?
As long as you take a route to the restaurant that is less than or equal to ubers route ( edit: time AND distance), IMHO those 10 minutes wont make a difference because the order will more than likely not be ready..... In those cases, always hit the "order not ready" button immediately after arrival

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
-Also, when receiving "cold"pickups that ARE ready IE; malts, slurpees, ice cream and other "melting" foods (especially when waiting in long drive thru lines).... Its best to make the restaurant replace those items before you start delivery or YOU could be dinged for professionalism "items damaged" notice
Those items are on you and drivers will get the blame. Do get them replaced. I had orders of coffee and sodas a few times that was already sitting in the cups for an unknown amount of time and were lukewarm or ice was already melted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those items are on you and drivers will get the blame. Do get them replaced. I had orders of coffee and sodas a few times that was already sitting in the cups for an unknown amount of time and were lukewarm or ice was already melted.
McDonald's is awful about this and one of them used to refuse to remake the product. I had an sundae with an order. They said it would be a few minutes. It was my last order for the night so I decided to wait. They got the sundae off the back counter. It was already melting and they sat it on the counter in front of me. I tell them it's melting. They handed me a napkin. A few minutes later they bring the rest of the order up and I tell them to remake the sundae. They refused again. I ended up just eating a spoonful handing them the order back and canceling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This morning I woke up to a not-so-friendly email from UberEats saying:

"We are writing to let you know that last week, for the second time, you had multiple pickups and/or dropoffs that were significantly late. Unfortunately, if you have one more week with multiple arrivals that are significantly late, you'll lose access to the Uber partner app."

Has anyone else ever had this message before?

Will I really be deactivated on my third strike or is it a scare tactic? I only have a total of two late complaints with over 100 deliveries. 91% satisfaction rate. I'm only a month in so I'm still fairly new.

What is the ETA that customers are given?

It's hard to be fast when restaurants are dragging their feet sometimes. I know I can just cancel an order if the wait is too long, but I've read that too many of those can also lead to deactivation.

It feels like I'm just going down a road that inevitably leads to deactivation no matter what I'll do.

Get this. I JUST started driving for uberEATS barely 2 weeks ago. And I guess Ive had numerous deliveries that took 5-15 minutes longer to complete than the estimated time quoted when accepting the order. Yesterday morning I got an email about "late deliveries" being a possible indication of fraud. I completed just 1 more delivery after that email and then this morning I get an email saying my account has been deactivated. 2 WEEKS. It took longer to process my background check than it did to deactivate my account!!
And the thing is, Ive been doing deliveries full time for 1.5 years now (Door Dash and GrubHub) with over 5800 lifetime deliveries, during which I have NEVER had an overall rating lower than 4.97 on Door Dash. Im labeled a "Top Dasher", etc. . . Basically, I know what the hell im doing. Im not lazy. I don't multiapp by piling a bunch orders ontop of eachother so they are cold and late, etc. My worst "crime" has been stopping for gas or to use restroom every now and again, or taking 5 minutes after accepting an order to leave because Im entering the order info into my excel spreadsheet (we run our own businesses afterall).
I, for real, could NOT believe it. 2 weeks. I could understand if there had been some major incident. Or multiple orders not getting delivered at all or something. But 5-15 minutes during the first 2 weeks?! r
I totally understand what you mean by going down that inevitable road that leads to deactivation. I think they want high turn over of drivers so they can control them better and they will take loqer paying orders etc. Just have a contingency ready just in case. Set aside % of your earnings for if you suddenly find yourself deactivated. After a year and a half I think Im definitely ready to move on from doing this full time and just keep it for occasional weekends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So true! And its really a slap in the face when the restaurant takes forever and instead of just unassigning the order, you stick with it, spending extra time that you don't get paid for. . . Only to be punished for a late order, as if YOU did something wrong! Its happened to me numerous times! 🙄

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Get this. I JUST started driving for uberEATS barely 2 weeks ago. And I guess Ive had numerous deliveries that took 5-15 minutes longer to complete than the estimated time quoted when accepting the order. Yesterday morning I got an email about "late deliveries" being a possible indication of fraud. I completed just 1 more delivery after that email and then this morning I get an email saying my account has been deactivated. 2 WEEKS. It took longer to process my background check than it did to deactivate my account!!
And the thing is, Ive been doing deliveries full time for 1.5 years now (Door Dash and GrubHub) with over 5800 lifetime deliveries, during which I have NEVER had an overall rating lower than 4.97 on Door Dash. Im labeled a "Top Dasher", etc. . . Basically, I know what the hell im doing. Im not lazy. I don't multiapp by piling a bunch orders ontop of eachother so they are cold and late, etc. My worst "crime" has been stopping for gas or to use restroom every now and again, or taking 5 minutes after accepting an order to leave because Im entering the order info into my excel spreadsheet (we run our own businesses afterall).
I, for real, could NOT believe it. 2 weeks. I could understand if there had been some major incident. Or multiple orders not getting delivered at all or something. But 5-15 minutes during the first 2 weeks?! r
I totally understand what you mean by going down that inevitable road that leads to deactivation. I think they want high turn over of drivers so they can control them better and they will take loqer paying orders etc. Just have a contingency ready just in case. Set aside % of your earnings for if you suddenly find yourself deactivated. After a year and a half I think Im definitely ready to move on from doing this full time and just keep it for occasional weekends.
Pretty much anything drivers do that displeases Uber is labeled as "fraud".

Uber wants to talk about "fraud"?

Their "estimated" delivery times are fraudulent, especially the long trip ETAs that are based on an average car speed of 70 mph on roads with 30 mph speed limits.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts