Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't eat when I work, mostly because I don't want to have to use a public restroom, if you know what I mean.
By the time I get home I am hungry and need something quick and easy.
I like to make a baked ziti ( not always ziti pasta) so I have something quick and filling that I can just nuke when I get home. Sometimes I'll have cold cuts in the house for sandwiches but that stuff is pretty bad for me at my age so I don't do that often.

Anyway, what are you guys who work this job at night do about dinner when you get home? I'm looking for ideas of what to have that I can either make very quickly or just heat up.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
I don't eat when I work, mostly because I don't want to have to use a public restroom, if you know what I mean.
I like to make a baked ziti ( not always ziti pasta) so I have something quick and filling that I can just nuke when I get home. Sometimes I'll have cold cuts in the house for sandwiches but that stuff is pretty bad for me at my age so I don't do that often.

Anyway, what are you guys who work this job at night do about dinner when you get home? I'm looking for ideas of what to have that I can either make very quickly or just heat up.
I do fruit because it fills you up, easy to digest and then I don't feel guilty of packing up the pounds lol!... pounds still there tho :(

·
Registered
542 Posts

Big bowl of cereal!

Reactions: Lepke

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The meals of the gods for me! WHITE CASTLE or PIZZA every night. No question. Ps, I hate my body as much as Lepke hates all of us drivers :)
Being from Brooklyn, New Jersey pizza is out of the question and the pizza joints are all closed by the time I'm coming home.
Murder burgers, belly bombers, barf burgers, while so bad that they are good are also out of the question at my age and my girth. The baked ziti is bad enough but I had some spinach to the ricotta cheese so I feel like I'm eating something vegetable like.
If I'm going to do murder burgers than I may as well do cold cuts ( Boar's Head of course) .

Hummus with olive tapenade -Aldi
On Naan bread- Costco
Romaine -E Coli scare -optional
Toast Naan
Quick -
Easy
I like that.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taco Bell has never failed me. I know, it's a bad thing.

If I somehow stay out past 3 AM, Quick Chek sandwiches are better than Wawa IMO
Taco Bell is out of the question and if I'm going to eat cold cuts it better be Boar's Head.
I'm trying to find something to eat that is at least not too unhealthy that I can have when I get home.

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Being from Brooklyn, New Jersey pizza is out of the question and the pizza joints are all closed by the time I'm coming home.
Murder burgers, belly bombers, barf burgers, while so bad that they are good are also out of the question at my age and my girth. The baked ziti is bad enough but I had some spinach to the ricotta cheese so I feel like I'm eating something vegetable like.
If I'm going to do murder burgers than I may as well do cold cuts ( Boar's Head of course) .

I like that.
I recently found a recipe for, and made, a slow cooker chicken and Olive tagine that was quite good, IMO. If you like chicken thighs, and the idea of cooking something bigger that you can pick on throughout the week, PM me and I will give you the recipe. It's perfect over rice or other, similar, side. If you're trying to get healthier, like I am, put it on top of quinoa.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recently found a recipe for, and made, a slow cooker chicken and Olive tagine that was quite good, IMO. If you like chicken thighs, and the idea of cooking something bigger that you can pick on throughout the week, PM me and I will give you the recipe. It's perfect over rice or other, similar, side. If you're trying to get healthier, like I am, put it on top of quinoa.
I don't own a slow cooker but have been meaning to get one and of course I like chicken thighs because dark meat is the best part of the chicken.
I would like the recipe so how about posting it right here so others can also enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Ok I'll confess... I don't eat until end of shift (I start work only Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights 7pm to 3am or later). If I am hungry the McDonald's on wall street near Monmouth collage is open 24 hrs all year long (even the inside if you have to pee). 1 Mcdouble, small fry is under $5 (sometime I get 2 Mcdouble's ). That being said carbs that late at night is the worst things you can do for your body... Oh well...

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Slow Cooker Chicken and Olive Tagine

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds (approximately 8) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 1/3 cup dried prunes, halved
  • 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or all-purpose, gluten-free flour)
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Ground black pepper, to taste
  • Toppings (optional)
    • Cilantro
    • Lemon wedges
Directions:

In a 4-6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, prunes, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

When ready to serve, add toppings as preferred.

--

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 thighs with sauce and vegetables

Per serving: Calories: 399; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 216mg; Sodium: 466mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 46g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 811mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 218%; Vitamin C: 7%; Calcium: 4%

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Ingredients:

• 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Toppings (optional)
    • Cilantro
    • Lemon wedges
Directions:

In a 4-6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, prunes, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.

--

Per serving: Calories: 399; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 216mg; Sodium: 466mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 46g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 811mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 218%; Vitamin C: 7%; Calcium: 4%
Nice, I usually have most of those items in the house anyway. Looks like it might be tasty and definitely something to have when I come home. Cook up a little jasmine rice and I'm good to go. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts

I like that.
I am from Brooklyn as well. Pizza in NJ is terrible, so I just eat some eggs with sausage or bacon when I get back around 7am. Wawas has good sandwiches though.

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Nice, I usually have most of those items in the house anyway. Looks like it might be tasty and definitely something to have when I come home. Cook up a little jasmine rice and I'm good to go. Thank you.
I got the impression that some diced sweet potatoes would go well in it, as well, but I've never made them in the slow cooker, so I don't know how well they'd hold up. Maybe roast them separately and stir them in after the tagline is done?

IDK. I'll need to experiment.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I am from Brooklyn as well. Pizza in NJ is terrible, so I just eat some eggs with sausage or bacon when I get back around 7am. Wawas has good sandwiches though.
Solution to that problem is eat in Brooklyn, I agree I have friend in Brooklyn and the best Pizza I've ever had was there. So that's a good reason to stay in NYC....

·
Registered
2,283 Posts

Ingredients:

• 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Toppings (optional)
    • Cilantro
    • Lemon wedges
Directions:

--

Sounds pretty tasty for only 400 calories!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts