Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was cruising around the streets of Philadelphia and got those $7 and $9 rides,got a little frustrated but ok it's weekdays I was thinking...then I get a ping from 2nd and Market, pax standing on the street and the minute he gets in my car : Hey man, take me to NY city !! @ first I taught he was kiddin..but then : c'mon man you can do it !!

Was thinking for 10 seconds and qwik decision : ok bro let's do it !!

Got a little nervous when I got into NY because of all the constructions before getting into the city, but all went well and hey :

one night, one shot !! tks Uber

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good fare !! around 107 minutes ...Holland or Lincoln , each one $14 and 95highway total $16..

tried to go to 38th to see my girls....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You actually get $20 for the tolls going through the tunnels or across the other Hudson River crossings. That extra $6 is supposed to compensate somewhat for having to drive out of the city empty. The time you came out of the city not too much traffic I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You actually get $20 for the tolls going through the tunnels or across the other Hudson River crossings. That extra $6 is supposed to compensate somewhat for having to drive out of the city empty. The time you came out of the city not too much traffic I'm sure.
no traffic at all, wonder if actually Lincoln is better then Holland ...

yup so far $57 in tolls...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It's all about timing. Definitely trust Waze as that will be of much help. Holland is all about timing of the traffic lights. Lincoln is that stupid helix, sometimes the far left on the Lincoln moves faster as that drops you off at EZ Pass only. Whereas the Holland you need to stay in the middle for EZ Pass only, but if you can time those lights Holland is quicker. If you are going around midtown or higher then most likely Lincoln would be your best bet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts