Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You may be getting more in the coming week. Very convenient and not too expensive to go from Philly to NYC. Leaves the driver in a bind as they now have to come back to NJ to start accepting fares, or head all the way back to Philly or close before accepting.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be getting more in the coming week. Very convenient and not too expensive to go from Philly to NYC. Leaves the driver in a bind as they now have to come back to NJ to start accepting fares, or head all the way back to Philly or close before accepting.
how u know about this ??

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
how u know about this ??
Just a feeling. With the Pope coming to NY then Philly I can just imagine the pilgrimage all over. Plus is seems like once you take a NYC fare then more seem to follow. I usually go into NY about once or twice a week, depending on how many evenings I work, but I feel that Uber starts to send certain rides your way being that you already have a few under your belt. I had another one last night, however the passenger put in the wrong address, and instead of NYC they wanted Jersey City instead. I think it is part of the crazy algorithm, but that's just my opinion.

Plus the fact that Philly to NY via train can run a bit expensive, so why not grab an Uber at these rates and relax in comfort. Then again, I could be missing the boat on all of that and twice may have been it for the trips. Like I've said before, it's all about luck in this game. Let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks. Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think that is accurate. I have Friend that is from Jersey and always gets shore trips. He's based in cherry hill..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up a pax in Morrisville at 10pm and took her to Hoboken so she could witness her granddaughter being born. That was cool...empty car back to Bucks County was not. For $102 fare...$83 profit I tried to get some fares while I was sitting in Hoboken, ... *crickets*

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I picked up a pax in Morrisville at 10pm and took her to Hoboken so she could witness her granddaughter being born. That was cool...empty car back to Bucks County was not. For $102 fare...$83 profit I tried to get some fares while I was sitting in Hoboken, ... *crickets*
Yeah usually around 11pm things start to quiet down. Surprised though that there were no Hoboken pings, usually can get at least 1 or 2. Did you go down Route 1 through Edison? Maybe at that time would have been too late. Further down through New Brunswick or even Princeton may have been able to get at least a hit or 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It was about 1130 when I dropped her off, I figured something would come in, got a ping on Lyft from Sayreville...45 minutes away...accepted it, since it was heading back south...text him and told him, he cancelled. Got a Lyft ping in Elizabeth when I was on Turnpike...took it...extra $20 took me further south...turned both apps off and got home about 1:45...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You gotta love Lyft sometimes. Pings are so darn far away, not sure why they would even bother. Should tell the users that no Lyft are available, but hey what can you do. Just be careful about Elizabeth. Some areas not so good. If on the turnpike you would be better suited getting south of Linden before taking pings again. Once by exit 11 you can either get off and work your way to Route 1 or stay on until exit 10 and then work 287 over to Route 1. Or continue even further to Exit 9 to 18 to Route 1. Any of those areas should be able to get some action. Although at that time of night on a Wednesday probably most people are in for the night and it would be slim pickings for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where ?? I mean my last one was kinda jerk but then I compare them to Reno 911 , they are experts in arresting under aged drinking little girls and send the bill to the rich parents...taxmoney @ work !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the topic of cops, what's the PPA like in Philly? I'm new to the city and new to Uber, and I want to avoid legal confrontation whenever possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts