Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this ride I had this morning. This pissed me off so bad. Picked them up at Red Rock and drove them to airport. I only got 16 bucks but Uber got over 50%! Passengers paid over 35 bucks!

Uber isn't that cheap at all in Vegas they are just robbing the drivers blind. I checked three other fares from this morning and the same thing happened.

I was so irate I took myself off the road and sent them nasty messages through the 'something was wrong with my fare' feature on each trip I got screwed.

We are risking our lives driving amongst the worst drivers in the country and paying 3.20 a gallon for the privilege!

We have to do something. It's time we as driver unite and protest at Uber Hub. We should make posters of the fares where Uber kept over 50% and show all drivers coming in to sign up what they are signing up for. We have to draw huge media to this event. Let's do something!!!!! The time is now!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey rookie! Quit then. If you're that upset about it, why are you still driving for them?
Did you not read the part where I took myself off the road? That's exactly what I did!

I forgot to attach their stupid response. I'll attach it here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Did you not read the part where I took myself off the road? That's exactly what I did!
My bad. Didn't equate taking yourself off the road as quitting rideshare. Look, your agreement with Uber states they pay you X per mile and X per minute, regardless of what they charge passengers.

I forgot to attach their stupid response. I'll attach it here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All of you "pro's", stop giving him shit. He is completely valid over this! The rides we give and do all of the work end up giving more money to uber than us. You "pro's" just have gotten use to the fact that they don't use lube. Haha. There are three other timeshare apps just starting and uber will be gone in 5 to 7 years. Yes laugh now but looks at hundreds of companies that were "selling" a billion dollars a year. The good drivers like this man that cares that he's getting financially "raped" are the ones that actually care about giving amazing customer service while I read all these threads about charging for water and taking the bridge to the airport. Guess what? Great car, great driver, great customer service you make great money!

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Pretty much what we agreed to. They pay us base fare, time and distance. Rider can pay a gazillion bucks and you'll still get your $3.75. Is it fair? NO.

For someone that uses it as a side gig (As it was meant to be) and make a few bucks a week it's no big deal. For others that depend on it for a living, well, it means more time spent driving for so little.

Solution? Getting a real job. At least one is guaranteed the state's minimum wage and a stable paycheck.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Guess what? Great car, great driver, great customer service you make great money!
Not exactly. Great car, great driver, great customer service and you make exactly the same $16.57 that he did.

Was Uber more profitable in Boston? Longer rides are possible here, but Red Rock to airport is about as good as it gets here.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I personally could care less what uber charges the pax and never look I’m just interested in what I made on the ride to the terms I agreed to which was time and distance at the given rates we have now...I don’t worry about and could care less about things I have no control over......if you think this is a kick in the a** how about when we used to make $1.80 @ mile for X....all things considered for X that was a nice ride 20 minutes 99% all freeway and easy drop at the airport then catch another ride and make an easy $20 plus for that hour or more if catch some tips....if I was a X driver I would take those all day long....that’s just me though.....

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Exactly. Passengers think we are getting rich. That's what bothers me the most.
Up front pricing should also disclose what the driver actually makes.

Not exactly. Great car, great driver, great customer service and you make exactly the same $16.57 that he did.

Was Uber more profitable in Boston? Longer rides are possible here, but Red Rock to airport is about as good as it gets here.
Boston averages about $25.00 for an airport run from the inner suburbs.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Uber was a lot more profitable in Boston. 350 on a Saturday night was the norm. 180 dollars on a Monday was expected.
Granted Boston has the college kids and business travelers but Uber also isn't so baltenly robbing the Boston drivers like they are the Vegas drivers.

Dishwashers on the strip are making 14.00 an hr why the hell are people risking their lives driving Uber for 9.00 an hr?

·
Registered
2 Posts
"The booking fee has changed" message... Gas is skyrocketing and Uber gives themselves a raise, drops rate per mile, and does away with the old split system. A lot of my coworkers know I drive for Uber as a side gig and ask me about it, I always warn them away with the truth. The referral money isn't worth ****ing over my coworkers and friends. Been off the app a week or two now, might do a ride a month to stay active but that is about it.

·
Banned
5,648 Posts
Check out this ride I had this morning. This pissed me off so bad. Picked them up at Red Rock and drove them to airport. I only got 16 bucks but Uber got over 50%! Passengers paid over 35 bucks!

Uber isn't that cheap at all in Vegas they are just robbing the drivers blind.
I'll fix it for you:
"Uber isn't that cheap at all in Vegas they are just robbing the riders blind."
Back in the 75/25 split, you would have still been paid the $16, only the rider would have paid ~$23 (maybe a little more with airport fee).
If you saw a rider pay $5.99 with uberpass, and you still were paid the $16, would you still be as upset as you are now?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts