Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new low rates for Las Vegas, the fair and equitable thing to do for all Uber drivers is to include tipping on your billing app for passengers and do not advertise that "the tip" is included in the fare. It is definitely not included with your new low rates. Average cab fare from McCarran to Vegas strip hotels are about 18-40- bucks depending upon whether they "long haul" the customers. New Uber rate is abouyt 9-11 bucks and no tipping is allowed.

Just not fair, nor equitable to reduce all your Uber drivers income.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can't believe all the people in Vegas who thought they were special. Wow.

And seriously? you thought you should have rates higher than Denver, LA, and NYC? I can buy an entire house in Las vegas for nearly what a new car costs. Come on now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
why? because every veteran driver on this forum tried to tell the vegas drivers the truth and everyone in vegas didn't listen because they thought they were special. Hell there was a wave of people literally quitting good jobs all over the country and moving to vegas for the "gold mine" that was Uber. You all claimed your regulations would prevent dropping rates. You also told us that we didn't know anything because vegas has more tourism than anywhere else.

Then it started, just like anywhere else, first there were too many drivers on the road and you complained that it was over-saturated and you couldn't make money. Now you are having your rates dropped just like everyone else and are complaining you can't make money. Vegas isn't special. It is just like anywhere else where this model operates.

·
Registered
107 Posts
With the new low rates for Las Vegas, the fair and equitable thing to do for all Uber drivers is to include tipping on your billing app for passengers and do not advertise that "the tip" is included in the fare. It is definitely not included with your new low rates. Average cab fare from McCarran to Vegas strip hotels are about 18-40- bucks depending upon whether they "long haul" the customers. New Uber rate is abouyt 9-11 bucks and no tipping is allowed.

Not fair

Just not fair, nor equitable to reduce all your Uber driver.
Not fair? Is it fair to grabs the money from the cab drivers. Is it f...ing fair to live there families 35-40% income short. Smart morons. You not f.... Pay for anything. And you all deserve it. I wish all of you, in new 2016, will make even less then you all make it right now. Salute.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That would be an illegal service artificially lowering the price by luring in naive drivers to take out car loans with upfront bonuses, then crushing them once they're trapped. And on to the next one. There is no form of legitimate 'market' here.
So what you're saying is uber has no problem finding customers AND drivers at $1.00/mile. Market works!

·
Registered
48 Posts
why? because every veteran driver on this forum tried to tell the vegas drivers the truth and everyone in vegas didn't listen because they thought they were special. Hell there was a wave of people literally quitting good jobs all over the country and moving to vegas for the "gold mine" that was Uber. You all claimed your regulations would prevent dropping rates. You also told us that we didn't know anything because vegas has more tourism than anywhere else.

Then it started, just like anywhere else, first there were too many drivers on the road and you complained that it was over-saturated and you couldn't make money. Now you are having your rates dropped just like everyone else and are complaining you can't make money. Vegas isn't special. It is just like anywhere else where this model operates.
Preach on brother.

What I find amusing is that uber drivers are taxi drivers. B/c they have a lighted U on their windshield they somehow think years of taxi industry knowledge and math doesnt apply to them. Look, regardless of your lighted U, as a uber "partner", you are a taxi driver. Once you accept that, you wont be as disappointed by crazy paxs, crazy destinations or low profits....coming to uber to make a "gold mine"?? Yep, there's a sucker born every minute.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
So what you're saying is uber has no problem finding customers AND drivers at $1.00/mile. Market works!
Uber has no problem finding naive suckers who quit when they realize how badly theyve been used. 'Customers' will use it if it's allowed, since they only really care about price. In your utopia, exploitation of labor is awesome as long as 'the customer' likes it.

·
Registered
48 Posts

and that is why muncipalities have rules and regulations to make sure market participants dont under cut the market. but hey, wha

Man, you have some cajones. Everyone knows that what uber was doing/going to do in Vegas was illegal. Not following the regulations, allowing an uncapped number of barely licensed drivers to flood the market. And you, sir, thought you could come in and steal fares (that's what you did to the current drivers) and make a killing. now your "partner" (as a wise man, once said - there's no honor among thieves) uber has decided to screw you by dropping rates and you're p'ed off b/c you are making less than the regular joe drivers who followed the rules and regulation. Noooow, you are complaining about what is "fair and equitable"((i got a couple vegas taxi cab drivers you can whine to)....man, if this wasnt so sad it would be hilarious.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
The rates are not hidden - drivers know what they're getting into. If a driver feels he is being exploited he should simply turn off the Uber app and find a new opportunity. If the market rate was too low there would be NO drivers signing up for the gig.

Let's be real here - you 60hr/week Uber folk are dying at the hands of Travis. But for the guys who only work 10-15 hours a week for beer money, they don't give a shit. That's who I want as my driver, not you entitled ****ers who demand $10 for a 2 mile trip. If I wanted to deal with that shit I would have called a cab.

Uber On ****'s - btw can we stop by the 7-11? I need to buy a drink.
1. After seeing the giant 'guarantees' Uber pastes on buses long enough, it became clear that the name of this game is the car lease. That is the major expense. Uber needs to continuously sucker new drivers into getting locked in. That is not something you can simply turn off, sorry.

2. I drive a yellow cab

3. The per mile rate cuts and their percentage cut Uber enacts at will are not hidden? They certainly are for all intents and purposes. New desperate drivers have no clue whatsoever and Uber does not make an effort to give them the full picture. A driver called in to Taxi Dave's show this week, go listen to it. Uber lied to his face, said they need drivers, he was desperate for money, leased a car. Same old story, pay predictably dropped off a cliff. No cap on numbers, no concern whatsoever. He complained and was deactivated.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I can't believe all the people in Vegas who thought they were special. Wow.

And seriously? you thought you should have rates higher than Denver, LA, and NYC? I can buy an entire house in Las vegas for nearly what a new car costs. Come on now.
POST # 5/RobGM84: As Neutrally as
you're TRYING to put
it, this REALLY is a Case of
"The Grinchanick that Stole Christmas".

For BOTH 2013 AND 2014, Fare Discount-
ing didn't happen until the Mid-January
doldrums arrived. I DID notice that the
Nabob of Northridge didn't "disrupt"
Chanukkah. Miserable S.O.B.!

Bison: "Tell the ***** to SUFFAH!"

·
Registered
206 Posts
3. The per mile rate cuts and their percentage cut Uber enacts at will are not hidden? They certainly are for all intents and purposes. New desperate drivers have no clue whatsoever and Uber does not make an effort to give them the full picture. A driver called in to Taxi Dave's show this week, go listen to it. Uber lied to his face, said they need drivers, he was desperate for money, leased a car. Same old story, pay predictably dropped off a cliff. No cap on numbers, no concern whatsoever. He complained and was deactivated.
All I'm hearing here is a driver who can't do math and doesn't know how to use google, bit off more than he could chew. totes uber's fault.

Maybe before he dropped 800/month on an Uber XC Lease he should've you know, googled "uber driver experiences" and saved himself a bunch of cash.

You said it yourself - new, desperate drivers have no clue. That is nobody's fault but the new, desperate driver.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
All I'm hearing here is a driver who can't do math and doesn't know how to use google, bit off more than he could chew.

totes uber's fault.
What math. There's no cap on numbers, no cap on rate cuts. Uber preys on the desperate, period. It's being allowed because they bought everyone off.

Seems like you think I drive for Uber. Wild.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
1. After seeing the giant 'guarantees' Uber pastes on buses long enough, it became clear that the name of this game is the car lease. That is the major expense. Uber needs to continuously sucker new drivers into getting locked in. That is not something you can simply turn off, sorry.

2. I drive a yellow cab

POST #:19/Hackenstein: SING IT, BRO!

·
Registered
206 Posts
What math. There's no cap on numbers, no cap on rate cuts. Uber preys on the desperate, period. It's being allowed because they bought everyone off.
d.
This is simple economics bro, (Revenue - Fees - Expenses) = profit. If profit > desired profit then work, if it doesn't then find something new. It's not like you car magically becomes worthless when Uber cuts rates - you better find something new and profitable. (you in this case means dumb uber driver, not you hackenstein)

It must be so hard to hear an opinion you don't agree with.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts