Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Black & White Cabs

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Large Brisbane Taxi Operator goes broke. Please stand by for verification & media reports.

Uber has claimed a large scalp today.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taxi operator, XXXXX will be live in the studio in an interview with Steve Austin on ABC radio tomorrow morning at 8:30am. That is Wednesday 22/02/2017. Please stand by for further releases as they come to hand. The names of the Operator & the Booking Company have been omitted to protect the innocent. And to protect the integrity of the poll.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Taxi operator, XXXXX will be live in the studio in an interview with Steve Austin on ABC radio tomorrow morning at 8:30am. That is Wednesday 22/02/2017. Please stand by for further releases as they come to hand. The names of the Operator & the Booking Company have been omitted to protect the innocent. And to protect the integrity of the poll.
integrity: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Unfortunately, I didn't get to listen in.
Now that the aforesaid interview has taken place, would you kindly provide a transcript?
Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it's just a matter of time when you are before the courts for exploiting & underpaying workers ...that is if you really exist or are just figment of your own imagination ..........

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Business Class operator, you're trying to make it sound like B&W or Yellow as a whole is closing down :confused:
I once ran a poll on this forum on who would fold first. Yellows or B&W. Looks like my prediction was correct.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to listen in.
Now that the aforesaid interview has taken place, would you kindly provide a transcript?
Thanks.
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/brisbane/programs/mornings/mornings/8274904. My sources are trying to get the original media release. Stand by.

After listening to it. I wish the Taxi Companies would have a mentoring system like i do. I might have been able to straighten this mess up.

integrity: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.
I was trying to protect the integrity of the poll. This is serious stuff if one of the booking companies collapses, we are going to have work coming out of our ears. Please stand by for further updates as they become available.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/brisbane/programs/mornings/mornings/8274904

ABC announcer does not appear to understand the operator is not the taxi "licence holder"

Starts at 17:50 goes to 29:30.

An "operator" who leased 7 Cabs from Black and White is the subject.

The cabs appear to have been leased for a 12 month period, Payments to be made monthly - Why did he continue to sign leases in the last 12 months ?

Operator Claims 30% income drop when Ride Sharing appeared, and another 30% drop since it became legal.

My take is the guy inherited the business from his father, both he and his father appear to have a "blind loyalty" to the Taxi Industry and have been dudded by Black and White cabs who encouraged them to continue to sign and renew their lease for the seven taxis

The operator seems a bit naive - when asked "why dont you become a Ride Share Driver" he replied he hadn't thought of that and seems to think the Taxi Industry and/or a vague "Hardship Allowance" will help him get back into the Taxi Business.

He mentioned the Taxi Leases were "On Finance" - I cant imagine any financial industry loaning money for a cab Lease in the last 2 years.

Any chance the good old boys at Black and White have advanced hime a loan AND will own the family house now he has defaulted ???

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/brisbane/programs/mornings/mornings/8274904

ABC announcer does not appear to understand the operator is not the taxi "licence holder"

Starts at 17:50 goes to 29:30.

An "operator" who leased 7 Cabs from Black and White is the subject.

The cabs appear to have been leased for a 12 month period, Payments to be made monthly - Why did he continue to sign leases in the last 12 months ?

Operator Claims 30% income drop when Ride Sharing appeared, and another 30% drop since it became legal.

My take is the guy inherited the business from his father, both he and his father appear to have a "blind loyalty" to the Taxi Industry and have been dudded by Black and White cabs who encouraged them to continue to sign and renew their lease for the seven taxis

The operator seems a bit naive - when asked "why dont you become a Ride Share Driver" he replied he hadn't thought of that and seems to think the Taxi Industry and/or a vague "Hardship Allowance" will help him get back into the Taxi Business.

He mentioned the Taxi Leases were "On Finance" - I cant imagine any financial industry loaning money for a cab Lease in the last 2 years.

Any chance the good old boys at Black and White have advanced hime a loan AND will own the family house now he has defaulted ???
Hugh i could have saved that business with my mentoring skills. Alas its too late.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I once ran a poll on this forum on who would fold first. Yellows or B&W. Looks like my prediction was correct.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/brisbane/programs/mornings/mornings/8274904. My sources are trying to get the original media release. Stand by.

After listening to it. I wish the Taxi Companies would have a mentoring system like i do. I might have been able to straighten this mess up.

I was trying to protect the integrity of the poll. This is serious stuff if one of the booking companies collapses, we are going to have work coming out of our ears. Please stand by for further updates as they become available.
The correct text is: " we are going to have drivers coming out of our ears if one of the booking companies collapses."

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Seven cabs is a "large" operator?
Large Brisbane Taxi Operator goes broke

History tells us that the thread heading rarely has much to do with the authors comments when taking into account the instigator of this thread.

Or maybe using some twisted logic we will get a response that he meant the operator was " above average height and/or above average weight"

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
N
Large Brisbane Taxi Operator goes broke

History tells us that the thread heading rarely has much to do with the authors comments when taking into account the instigator of this thread.

Or maybe using some twisted logic we will get a response that he meant the operator was " above average height and/or above average weight"
Nice one Hugh G but really 7 CABS IS A p-ss in the ocean I don't know how many cabs there are in Bris but 7 is hardly going to affect us. My observations are cabs are still going ok. they would naturally be experiencing a downturn but my spin on this, is so are we with all the extra drivers who waited until Uber became legal. Before that day in sept. 2016 ( the 4th from memory) there were plenty of riders which resulted in long surge periods I think the long term drivers will agree. UNI goes back in a week so I guess we may see an upturn but not like it used to be early 2016 till Sept. I think SUD SPENDS ALOT OF TIME IN HIS KNEES IN PRAYER As long as Uber treats us like mushrooms ( i.e. keeps in the dark and feeds us bulls-t) a lot of our drivers are also going to have future financial problems

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.