Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if the Lakers keep their draft pick and can get Lonzo Ball, would you be okay with that? I can't imagine Dangelo playing alongside Lonzo..
I don't think they'll trade Russell. I don't follow college at all but it seems if he keeps playing this well they'll draft a complimentary player, which isn't Lonzo since he's a pg, or trade the draft pick.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Magic screwed up giving away louwill.. traded our shooting guard for a washing machine.
I'm all for that trade because we want to focus on the development of the kids and at the same time give Lou a chance to play for a winning team. We would be wasting his good years here for hollow wins

Magic screwed up giving away louwill.. traded our shooting guard for a washing machine.
Or do you mean they could have got more from him?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Obviously could have gotten more for him. If we wanted to get Paul George so bad Lou should have been the main piece. Then the pacers might not have been so unreasonable demanding all three of the young core for him. This was Lou's best year of his career and his production actually should be down on this team. Straight gave him away

Houston was looking to dump Brewer(rightly so). Could have got him for nick young instead and still had Lou to move elsewhere

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, you're overestimating the value on Lou. As good as he is, a first rounder was as high as we could get for him. Other teams were offering first rounders higher in the draft but we would also have to take shitty players saddled with horrible contracts (think similar like moz and deng's) to acquire them. Not something we want especially since we're saddled with deng and moz's shitty contracts as well.

Nick young is on his last year and would basically be a rental to teams before he asks for more money. He was playing well in the beginning of the year but has tailed off. Maybe a second rounder is what we can get for him.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nah, you're overestimating the value on Lou. As good as he is, a first rounder was as high as we could get for him. Other teams were offering first rounders higher in the draft but we would also have to take shitty players saddled with horrible contracts (think similar like moz and deng's) to acquire them. Not something we want especially since we're saddled with deng and moz's shitty contracts as well.

Nick young is on his last year and would basically be a rental to teams before he asks for more money. He was playing well in the beginning of the year but has tailed off. Maybe a second rounder is what we can get for him.
you're overestimating the value of a random first round. They surprised enough teams early this year that some eyebrows were raised and we are highly unlikely to get snubbed completely again in free agency. Lou was a bargain and definitely worth holding onto if you the other option is Corey brewer(so worthless) and a likely late pick. Houston likely would have gladly had ***** p(good riddance) as a rental and still dump Corey. I never said that a Paul George trade would have happened, but they are clearly shopping him since they are likely to lose him for nothing in '18 anyway.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the thing though, first rounders were the only thing being offered. I have no idea what those first rounders will turn into, but if that's all that's being offered than what can the lakers do?

It was apparent that Lou was getting in the way of the kids development and his value was not going to get higher so the time was right to trade and what they got back was universally agreed by experts to be a solid, level headed trade :p

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's the thing though, first rounders were the only thing being offered. I have no idea what those first rounders will turn into, but if that's all that's being offered than what can the lakers do?

It was apparent that Lou was getting in the way of the kids development and his value was not going to get higher so the time was right to trade and what they got back was universally agreed by experts to be a solid, level headed trade :p
Lol listen to more sports talk. Clearly your gospel

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lou will was a good trade for the Lakers and Lou, at least we have guaranteed first round pick and Lou gets to play for a contender, And as far as The lakers landing Lanzo Ball it could be one of the best if not the best backcourt in the league in a year or two Russell in my opinion would be better player at 2

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lou will was a good trade for the Lakers and Lou, at least we have guaranteed first round pick and Lou gets to play for a contender, And as far as The lakers landing Lanzo Ball it could be one of the best if not the best backcourt in the league in a year or two Russell in my opinion would be better player at 2
I dont know if the fan base wants to go through another rookie learning phase with Ball or whomever they draft. The pg position is the most difficult to learn and historically it takes years for players to learn the position. Russell is now starting to play consistently well and I think he'll be our pg of the future.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So if the Lakers keep their draft pick and can get Lonzo Ball, would you be okay with that? I can't imagine Dangelo playing alongside Lonzo..
I dont think D' LO would be traded Magics' very high on him, he was one of the players Sacramento wanted for Cousins and the Lakers did not want to part ways with D'LO

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Consistency is the hardest part of becoming a professional... Sports or otherwise.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If the Lakers keep the pick and Lonzo is still available they'll never pass on him, he is a very rare talent a super star in the making, and as I said in my earlier post could you imagine Lonzo an D'Lo playing Together boy that would be one back court

1 - 20 of 23 Posts