Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to Uber and this site, been driving for a couple weeks. I'm based in Lake Geneva but assigned to the Milwaukee office. I notice we have 3 or 4 cars in town on any given evening and was curious if any of the drivers are on this forum. It'd be nice to chat with a local or two.

I'm enjoying my time as a driver, it's been super interesting talking with the passengers.

Thanks for reading...
njm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi njm,

how is the pay in LG? I've been thinking about veering out there (1/2 hour from where I live).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi njm,

how is the pay in LG? I've been thinking about veering out there (1/2 hour from where I live).
It's been pretty good on the weekends, late. Midweek is pretty blah, but 10p-2a Friday, Saturday isn't too shabby.

I've been burned a few times with rides from surrounding towns, cancelling when I'm half way or just arriving. Since Uber doesn't give us cancelation fees anymore, I've decided to not accept any rides outside of Lake Geneva during the busy times. It's not worth it.

Decent fares coming out of Grand Geneva on a regular basis as well. If you come into town, we should meet up, say hi. :)

njm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes a meetup would be cool, hang out during this nice weather maybe we will be too busy driving people around to meet up (we can hope right?). I might start checking out in in Mid-July since my weekends right now are pretty busy. Thanks for the input. I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am going to be staying in Lake Geneva this weekend and going to a concert at Alpine Valley. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help with transportation. Do you ever do trips to Alpine? Could get dropped off and picked up a little ways away from the venue to ease the stress of dealing with traffic. Also willing to pay extra for surge pricing. Thanks!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't see a problem with that trip there's at least 3-4 Uber Drivers in the LG area on weekends from what I have seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool, ya it looked like Lake Geneva would be easy to get a ride out of. I was more concerned with getting picked up since the venue is 13 miles out of LG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fellow Lake Geneva guy here. I'm brand new to Uber and this site as well. Drove for the first time last weekend and completed 21 trips. It was a pretty good time. Made something like 8 trips out to Alpine alone, it just sucks that there isn't anyone out there to bring back with you. I also got pretty tired of driving all the way out to Fontana. Lived here 12 years and never realized that it's actually kind of a far drive. Anyone know if there is any action with Lyft in the area? Seems like most people drive for both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey crh, glad to meet you.
The trip requests to Fontana during a busy Fri/Sat night in Lake Geneva can be frustrating sometimes. 90% of the trips I get in Fontana are 3 to 4 mile trips (house to Chucks, Chucks to house, etc.). Driving 20 miles to do a $4 fare isn't really cost effective for drivers. If there's nobody else in Fontana, it could be lucrative to focus on that area instead of LG, could get a lot more short calls, especially around bar close time. I've done that a few times.

The Lyft Milwaukee area basically ends just north of Burlington but covers Alpine Valley. I drive for both, but have only done a few rides for Lyft, downtown MKE, because it doesn't work in LG. You can sign on, but you're invisible to riders. I've asked Lyft to expand to cover LG, but only get a canned response that they are always expanding and maybe in the future. Maybe we need more people to request Lyft to Lake Geneva!

If you ever want to meet up and chit chat, just PM me, I'm usually around.
njm

·
Registered
52 Posts
12 Trips, Wow! How much do you think you made?

Thanks for the Fontana info NJM I'm actually closer to Fontana than LG, I might be trekking out there soon now that my weekends are calm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to meet you too njm. I lucked out and only had 6 of my 21 trips pay out less than $10. At first I was taking every request that came in but as time went on I started to get picky. I really need to learn when to call it a night though. I'd keep telling myself that this will be the last one for the night, I'd stay online for the ride home and a request would come in. Of course I'd take it. I ended up driving until 4am Saturday night (I went home for a nap for a couple hours earlier) because the requests kept coming in. I'll definitely hit you up sometime. It'd be nice to have someone to complain about the spoiled lakehouse kids with sometime.

djcp - my 21 trips paid me $293. Plus about $30 in cash tips. I burned through about $35 in gas. Not a bad payoff for a portion of my weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am located in the eagle area and usually run into Waukesha to get my day going towards the Milwaukee area. I am planning to head down to the Lake Geneva area and run Buffett fans to Alpine today. Just wondering when I could expect to see some action and what time I need to be in the area. Thanks for any information...Cheers!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am located in the eagle area and usually run into Waukesha to get my day going towards the Milwaukee area. I am planning to head down to the Lake Geneva area and run Buffett fans to Alpine today. Just wondering when I could expect to see some action and what time I need to be in the area. Thanks for any information...Cheers!
How did Buffet go?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I drove for a few hours the night before and it was a total waste of time. I think I did something like 4 short rides in 2 and a half hours. I looked on the passenger app and saw at least 15 available cars between LG, Williams Bay, and Fontana. Needless to say, I gave up and spent the evening at home.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Duhhhhh
Lake Geneva's dead after Labor Day weekend until Memorial Day weekend in the exception of maybe during the Christmas rush but I won't be anywhere near a rather be downtown Milwaukee have at it Jr

·
Registered
168 Posts
About Alpine Valley concerts people usually take a shuttle there from the hotels which are a rip off but they're not smart enough to figure that out anyway I had my share of buffet,dave mathews people after all I live local so it was great for me.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts