Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question I'm wondering if anyone can answer this so a rider left her phone in my car I found out from another pax then got a call from uber telling me that she left her phone inside my car at first I didn't know that was uber that called me and I answered my phone thought it was my brother that lives in California but ended up being uber. This is the thing I was trying to take off today because since its the pride parade its going to suck driving in the city because how busy it's going to be should I just drop it off to an uber office on Monday. I'm not going into the city to drop the phone off to her and I'm an hour out and yesterday I had a ride to Orland park after her ride so I wasn't going go back to drop it off..any help is really appreciated

·
Registered
608 Posts
Take it to the uber office Monday. But first Turn the phone off. You don't want the lady showing up at your house, or the police for that matter.

Also, uber may give your uber number to the lady to call. So be prepared to tell her what you are going to do. By no means feel obligated to meet her today. It is what it is. Unless, she is going to give a hefty tip. BUT also remember, she my also jilt you on that too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to the uber office Monday. But first Turn the phone off. You don't want the lady showing up at your house, or the police for that matter.

Also, uber may give your uber number to the lady to call. So be prepared to tell her what you are going to do. By no means feel obligated to meet her today. It is what it is. Unless, she is going to give a hefty tip. BUT also remember, she my also jilt you on that too.
Thanks you for you're help I will do that for sure

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a question I'm wondering if anyone can answer this so a rider left her phone in my car I found out from another pax then got a call from uber telling me that she left her phone inside my car at first I didn't know that was uber that called me and I answered my phone thought it was my brother that lives in California but ended up being uber. This is the thing I was trying to take off today because since its the pride parade its going to suck driving in the city because how busy it's going to be should I just drop it off to an uber office on Monday. I'm not going into the city to drop the phone off to her and I'm an hour out and yesterday I had a ride to Orland park after her ride so I wasn't going go back to drop it off..any help is really appreciated
Try returning it to the office at 839 W. 115th, Chicago. It might be easier and less hassle than the other offices.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Another idea would be to email support and ask them if they can email (to you) a prepaid Fedex or UPS shipping label so the phone can be overnighted to the pax

·
Registered
394 Posts
That would be great, but I'm pretty sure the policy is that it is our responsibility to return the item.
I don't think you should have to make a special trip into Chicago, considering you live in Lockport. The passenger lost the phone, not you. I checked the help section of the Chicago Partners site and it stated:
"If you notice an item left behind, please let us know by sharing details and a photo here.
We'll help you connect with the rider so that the two of you can arrange a mutually convenient time and place for a return.
In the meantime, please keep the item safe."
Tell the passenger when you will be in Chicago. She should be the one to be inconvenienced, not you
NOTE: MUTUALLY CONVENIENT...not just convenient for the forgetful pax

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bro my back seat is a phone catcher that gets more iPhone drops than a little bit , this happens to me every week , I usually hold the phone until I hear something from the passenger and then I ask them if they want I could bring it to them but they will have to foot the gas and that usually means $20 bucks .

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bro my back seat is a phone catcher that gets more iPhone drops than a little bit , this happens to me every week , I usually hold the phone until I hear something from the passenger and then I ask them if they want I could bring it to them but they will have to foot the gas and that usually means $20 bucks .
So, just between us, do you ever look through the photos?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
In 2 years of driving uber and limo I never had pax leave a phone in my car.

Ok.. Twice.. But I found the phone right away after dropping off the pax, so with a simple honk the phones were back in their hands. Obviously no tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts