Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Uber makes changes to the platform that affects the drivers income are they not obligated to inform the drivers of the changes? I have yet to receive any updates from Uber about changes they're making. The lack of communication with their drivers is beyond belief. The only way I get updates is through the this forum and I'm not even sure if half of them are true. Am I the only one that's confused about what the hell is going on?

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
When Uber makes changes to the platform that affects the drivers income are they not obligated to inform the drivers of the changes? I have yet to receive any updates from Uber about changes they're making. The lack of communication with their drivers is beyond belief. The only way I get updates is through the this forum and I'm not even sure if half of them are true. Am I the only one that's confused about what the hell is going on?
As per the TOS that YOU agreed to... no.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
You sound so proud of Uber's lack of communication. If Uber's going to change the rules the least they can do is tell the drivers. Not informing us of changes should be contested and not defended.
They did. In the 2017 TOS that we ALL signed Uber explicitly stated that our agreement to the TOS is an agreement that Uber can, from that day forward, make any changes to either the platform or TOS at any time they want without either our consent or advance notice of said changes.

Once again, YOU AGREED to those terms.

But now you decided that you don't like those terms and now you, like the rest of the snowflakes, expect the government to step in and protect you from - not "big, bad Uber" - the consequences of your choices.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It can be confusing, yes.... specially if you relatively new at this.... many in here are veterans and already know the modus operandi of Uber/Lyft so their sudden changes don't present a surprise to them..... for some changes Uber will issue a new Terms and Conditions that you have to agree in order to use the app.... if you take the time to read that huge thing you will see some of the news things..... also sometimes Uber will give a notification to you through the app.... for example, drivers in Philadelphia recently receive a notification explaining a weird change with Destination Filters..... NYC drivers got one about their Filters being taken away completely..... things like that you might get a notification about the changes. For little things they might not even say anything at all.... also Uber and Lyft are knows to make the changes effective very fast.... like "hey guys, starting next week we will pay you 5 cents less".... they won't say.... starting June 2019 (2 months from now).....
With the only thing I saw advanced notice was when they made changes to the list of cars that are allowed in the platform but that makes sense because a vehicle is a big investment so for that they announced it way before.
In this gig you need to learn to adapt quick.... if you are the kind that you stick to one strategy no matter what then you will fail, need to adapt and sometimes fast.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can be confusing, yes.... specially if you relatively new at this.... many in here are veterans and already know the modus operandi of Uber/Lyft so their sudden changes don't present a surprise to them..... for some changes Uber will issue a new Terms and Conditions that you have to agree in order to use the app.... if you take the time to read that huge thing you will see some of the news things..... also sometimes Uber will give a notification to you through the app.... for example, drivers in Philadelphia recently receive a notification explaining a weird change with Destination Filters..... NYC drivers got one about their Filters being taken away completely..... things like that you might get a notification about the changes. For little things they might not even say anything at all.... also Uber and Lyft are knows to make the changes effective very fast.... like "hey guys, starting next week we will pay you 5 cents less".... they won't say.... starting June 2019 (2 months from now).....
With the only thing I saw advanced notice was when they made changes to the list of cars that are allowed in the platform but that makes sense because a vehicle is a big investment so for that they announced it way before.
In this gig you need to learn to adapt quick.... if you are the kind that you stick to one strategy no matter what then you will fail, need to adapt and sometimes fast.
Well thank you for very informative reply.
Somehow it just feels like blackmail extortion thievery .... Welcome to the new America.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Well thank you for very informative reply.
Somehow it just feels like blackmail extortion thievery .... Welcome to the new America.
All you need to know is that both Uber and Lyft will do NOTHING to benefit drivers. Learn your market, hustle, long haul and learn how to make the most money you can with the least amount of effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.