Uber Drivers Forum banner

How was your Friday "down the shore"?

• Spectacular... this weekend will be in the record books!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sucked... I should've closed a bar and Ubered back to my hotel

Votes: 10 90.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the 6 NJ Uber drivers who didn't head to the shore: What are you waiting for?
Fill up the tank, grab a hotel... then drive around aimlessly with your fellow Uber drivers waiting for a ping.
Entertain yourself for hours watching your fuel gauge go from F to E.
Or grab a parking space and get some REAL R&R. I can pretty much guarantee you won't be bothered by that pesky Uber app.
Multiple text messages from Uber really motivated NJ drivers to take advantage of fantastic "shore pricing" during the busiest weekend of the year.
I live in Monmouth County. I've worked all summer down here... most Fridays & Saturdays.
A 12 hour Friday has been pretty good... $200-300... sometimes a little more.
TODAY WAS A JOKE! 7 hours (2-9PM) put $99 in my pocket.
WTF, I thought... so I came home and fired up & monitored the mobile rider app on my pc for a couple hours (I stayed online with my driver app open).
HUNDREDS of drivers peppered the coast of NJ.
10+ in RedBank, 30+ in Asbury Park, 15+ in Long Branch, 10+ in Sea Bright (which is 3 blocks wide)... ALL NIGHT!
Too many cars to track in places like Belmar, Sea Girt & Pt. Pleasant.
An endless flow of drivers constantly moved throughout areas that have little to less work.
For those of you who came down for the big "score at the shore" and grabbed a hotel: I hope breakfast is included.
Uber On!
<end of rant>

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I live in Hillsborough, so it's not worth it for me to spend time down there. Meanwhile, however, I made over $400 in 12 hours working Mercer, Somerset, and Middlesex counties because there were no other Uber drivers around.

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
The bullshit Uber hype "Make More At The Shore" absolutely ruined it for everyone. There had to be at least 100 cars from Asbury to Avon last night. I just want to say thank you to Uber for taking money out of my pocket and putting it into those disgusting NY drivers who come down here, sleep in their cars and don't shower. Ill tell you on thing, locals at the shore hate NY drivers.

If Uber had any brains they'd hire someone that knows the Shore marketplace. They obviously don't and have screwed themselves with all their bs marketing and rate drops. This place could be an even bigger goldmine for them if they knew what they were doing,

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
The bullshit Uber hype "Make More At The Shore" absolutely ruined it for everyone. There had to be at least 100 cars from Asbury to Avon last night. I just want to say thank you to Uber for taking money out of my pocket and putting it into those disgusting NY drivers who come down here, sleep in their cars and don't shower. Ill tell you on thing, locals at the shore hate NY drivers.

If Uber had any brains they'd hire someone that knows the Shore marketplace. They obviously don't and have screwed themselves with all their bs marketing and rate drops. This place could be an even bigger goldmine for them if they knew what they were doing,
Uber did it on purpose. Over saturation of cars means happy pax.
They don't give a shit about drivers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The only time when I head down. The shore is when they guarantee us 35 dollars per hour whether we make it or not. Whenever I sign up for those incentives, I try to find the part of the shore where there is less demand and I get a good 4 to 6 hours asleep. Lol

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Uber did it on purpose. Over saturation of cars means happy pax.
They don't give a shit about drivers.
It may even out in the end. It's the Boy Who Cried Wolf - the first time Uber says high demand, drivers believe it. The second time, maybe still. But we're now at the point where any seasoned driver knows that "demand/fares/earnings will be off the charts!/$80 an hour/higher than ever/etc" actually means "slim pickings; stay away".

Trouble is, with the revolving door of driver recruitment and churn/burn, noobs will continue to be hoodwinked.

·
Banned
821 Posts
The GOLDEN RULE of Uber is absolutely do not listen to their emails or text messages. Whatever they say in that email or text, do exactly the opposite. Remember this rule. If Uber says to go out tonight and that it will be a blow out night its time to sit at home.

Thanks for this email. I did not go down the shore this weekend knowing not to listen to the email. Now I believe my decision was correct. When you go down the shore, you have to pay the tolls and gas to get there not to mention whatever food you decide to eat along the way. So if you made 100 go ahead and minus the gas/food/tolls and what are you left with...not much!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I worked the Delaware/Maryland shore this weekend and the same email went out. Thursday and Friday nights were awful. So many drivers out. Saturday and Sunday were very good. Not as good as 4th of July weekend but good. You have to remember, Labor Day was late this year. All of the children and college students are back in school.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Follow the Golden Rule..... Do the opposite of whatever Uber says and you will be ok. North Jersey was busy all night.
I stayed in my neck of the woods (northjersey) and was happy with what I made. The one time I ubered down the shore was the last time I uber down the shore.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I did really well hanging around Morris County too -
I wonder what "doing really well" means for your ow many hours/miles/$ are we talking about ?? Just wondering about my own situation I don't drive everyday only when I can but sometimes cause I must( need the $ ) well we all need the $ but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills. Shit we sure don't drive cause we enjoy driving people around for almost no money at all lol

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I wonder what "doing really well" means for your ow many hours/miles/$ are we talking about ??
For me it takes 45 minutes to an hour to drive to an area to work so...

On an 8-10 hour Uber shift:
100 is not worth it
200 is ok
300 is doing well
400 is fabulous

1 - 15 of 15 Posts