Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out those fair estimates from Ktown to Santa Monica on Pool and X... That's an $8 to $14 dollar difference for the same exact ride.
How doesn't Uber think that screws us? Pretty soon Uber will put thise prices next to each other on the same screen like they do in other cities. In Philly nobody rides X cause of it.

image.png
image.png

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Check out those fair estimates from Ktown to Santa Monica on Pool and X... That's an $8 to $14 dollar difference for the same exact ride.
How doesn't Uber think that screws us? Pretty soon Uber will put thise prices next to each other on the same screen like they do in other cities. In Philly nobody rides X cause of it.

View attachment 47683 View attachment 47684
Just so you're aware you will be paid ALMOST the X Rate, Screwber wants to load 2 more paying pax in your ride so they make 3 booking fees plus the additional mileage charges.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Keep in mind, Uber is still subsidizing that fare. This gives Travis ammunition to go to TED talks and Saudi royal families and tell them how popular pool is. He doesn't mention that Uber is paying for half of it on pax's behalf.

If ever there was a issue when our failure to network as many L.A. drivers as possible together will hurt us I believe it's going to be pool. Because for some reason passengers have no trouble at all getting a pool ride at base rates. Sheer ignorance on the drivers part. I think a lot more of them read these posts than contribute so keep the message clear: just say no to pool.

It's a tough sell to a driver with 14 rides at the end of a 10 hour shift.

·
Banned
6,928 Posts

Seems like pax pool rates breaks down into two categories.

1) Unavailable matched uberpool which makes the rate higher because this is sort of the base rate to protect Uber in case it goes unmatched.

2) Available matched uberpool at a lower rate but with a extra $1.65 fee.

Smart pax know to keep trying and trying until they get the rate they want.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Keep in mind, Uber is still subsidizing that fare. This gives Travis ammunition to go to TED talks and Saudi royal families and tell them how popular pool is. He doesn't mention that Uber is paying for half of it on pax's behalf.

If ever there was a issue when our failure to network as many L.A. drivers as possible together will hurt us I believe it's going to be pool. Because for some reason passengers have no trouble at all getting a pool ride at base rates. Sheer ignorance on the drivers part. I think a lot more of them read these posts than contribute so keep the message clear: just say no to pool.

It's a tough sell to a driver with 14 rides at the end of a 10 hour shift.
Does uber really pay half of the fare for pool in addition to the surge boost? Because that estimate doesn't make sense since there is only 5 cents difference between pool and x.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I tried to get a PAX tell me what she is paying and she didn't want to tell me... It was a little bit of a distance and I think she was afraid I was going to pull over and throw her out. Lol I got 2X so I didn't care.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
I do pool rides for my trip count only; however, I don't do any minimum fare rides at all. I don't care how many trips I need for the medal program.;)

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Does uber really pay half of the fare for pool in addition to the surge boost? Because that estimate doesn't make sense since there is only 5 cents difference between pool and x.
I think LA Dispatcher is probably right. Yesterday I looked up the rates for two pool rides. One to Smart & Final which is 3.5 miles from my house (guessing on this but I looked it up yesterday,) the other to Ralph's which is on the same line just a couple miles farther.

The Smart & Final trip (the closer one) was around $7 and Uber gave me an ETA of roughly 15 minutes. The Ralph's estimate was less than 5 bucks and had an ETA of around 45 minutes.

So what I got from that was there was little perceived likelihood of getting a match for the close one and so it was estimated right about the card rate. For whatever reason they felt they could match the farther trip and quoted the discounted rate. The relative ETA's also support that hypothesis.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

That's an interesting route Uber has laid out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts