Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mostly directed to newbies but I have noticed a few posts lately where drivers are confused as to where to drop off/pickup in places like Disneyland when they get an address like 1313 S Harbor Blvd. Please, at that point, stop looking at your GPS and start learning your city and your landmarks. Ask your friendly local cab driver (hehe), police, or local if you have any doubts.

An address like that for a large venue, stadium, amusement park, airport, campus etc is most likely no better than a pin drop from someone's phone coming from 1/2 way inside the Pirates ride. It covers the entire park, basically. It does not help at all once you've gotten to within about a mile away or so from your fake generic address.

For example, if you want to drop off at Disneyland's main entrance you need to drop off in the small waiting lot on Harbor between Ball and Katella just across the street from the Ihop. That lot is called the "15 minute zone". If you try to go into the bus shuttle area just north of that, or try to drop off at the bus stop there, you are looking at a pretty expensive potential ticket. Now if you try and figure out where 1313 South should be, it doesn't make any sense, since the hotels and the Ihop across the street have addresses in the 15xx-16xx range.

The only other legit drop-off/pickup location for Disneyland is on the other side of the park in the valet circle outside of Downtown Disney, accessible by turning off of Magic Way.

You need to ask your pax which side of the park they are needing to be dropped off at, or picked up at. Outside of hotel locations those are the only two actual legit, legal and safe options. Forget pin drops, forget addresses, just ask them which side of the park they are coming out of, or going to. Or which hotel they are at.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen pax that were waiting forever because their Uber/Lyft driver could not figure out where to find them when they are in places like this. I shouldn't even be telling you guys this because cabbies get lots of business that way, from frustrated pax that finally give up, cancel, and hop in a cab.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
I learned this fast with sports stadium pickups. I don't even wander into the traffic until they can identify exactly where we are meeting. Too drunk or ignorant or unwilling to figure it out? Cancel.

There are exceptions.

I retrieved 3 models from outside a convention hall that was deserted using a description of the loading docks. "A place where trucks go to unload." I was the second Uber. They were very scared because this wasn't their city and this was a deserted spot. The first Uber stopped somewhere and told them to find him. They were lost and had luggage. They weren't going on a treasure hunt. Just a little effort and I got a long fare with three models who considered me a hero and tipped accordingly.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is mostly directed to newbies but I have noticed a few posts lately where drivers are confused as to where to drop off/pickup in places like Disneyland when they get an address like 1313 S Harbor Blvd. Please, at that point, stop looking at your GPS and start learning your city and your landmarks. Ask your friendly local cab driver (hehe), police, or local if you have any doubts.

An address like that for a large venue, stadium, amusement park, airport, campus etc is most likely no better than a pin drop from someone's phone coming from 1/2 way inside the Pirates ride. It covers the entire park, basically. It does not help at all once you've gotten to within about a mile away or so from your fake generic address.

For example, if you want to drop off at Disneyland's main entrance you need to drop off in the small waiting lot on Harbor between Ball and Katella just across the street from the Ihop. That lot is called the "15 minute zone". If you try to go into the bus shuttle area just north of that, or try to drop off at the bus stop there, you are looking at a pretty expensive potential ticket. Now if you try and figure out where 1313 South should be, it doesn't make any sense, since the hotels and the Ihop across the street have addresses in the 15xx-16xx range.

The only other legit drop-off/pickup location for Disneyland is on the other side of the park in the valet circle outside of Downtown Disney, accessible by turning off of Magic Way.

You need to ask your pax which side of the park they are needing to be dropped off at, or picked up at. Outside of hotel locations those are the only two actual legit, legal and safe options. Forget pin drops, forget addresses, just ask them which side of the park they are coming out of, or going to. Or which hotel they are at.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen pax that were waiting forever because their Uber/Lyft driver could not figure out where to find them when they are in places like this. I shouldn't even be telling you guys this because cabbies get lots of business that way, from frustrated pax that finally give up, cancel, and hop in a cab.
Just a little more info, to clarify the Downtown Disney GPS address fiasco. The official DD address is 1580 S Disneyland drive.

HA!

If you try to look for it on Disneyland drive you will be driving up and down that street all night long. There is NO entrance to it off of Disneyland drive. not even a hint that it exists since it is hidden by a line of trees. If you don't know that it is actually off of Magic Way you will never find it.

OK now that I've thrown you LA guys a bone about OC, how about you throw a bone or two to an LA newbie (that would be me) about fake LA GPS addresses. I have already gotten tripped up a few times and I'm all ears.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Just a little more info, to clarify the Downtown Disney GPS address fiasco. The official DD address is 1580 S Disneyland drive.

HA!

If you try to look for it on Disneyland drive you will be driving up and down that street all night long. There is NO entrance to it off of Disneyland drive. not even a hint that it exists since it is hidden by a line of trees. If you don't know that it is actually off of Magic Way you will never find it.

OK now that I've thrown you LA guys a bone about OC, how about you throw a bone or two to an LA newbie (that would be me) about fake LA GPS addresses. I have already gotten tripped up a few times and I'm all ears.
POST # 3/hanging in there:"Ahoy!"
there Good Future
News Recipient. Almost-congatulations
on what SHOULD occur five weeks hence.

At the 13th Month-mark, you will Sim-
ultaneously Achieve the Status of
Well-Known Member AND 100%+
Approval Ratings Listee !

This SHOULD place You in the Top 1/4
of 1% of the Current 25,000 + UPNF
Members. I especially admire your
Stick-to-it-tive-ness, and Thank You