Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Kiss your cancellation fees goodbye

12K views 122 replies 52 participants last post by  AintWorthIt 
#1 ·
Font Material property Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant
Being reported in Milwaukee and Houston so it's a matter of time for everyone.

See less See more
#6 ·
It could mean no fee if the pax cancel, not the driver.

Or (unlikely) that the driver gets,a no show fee after 5 minutes but from uber not the pax.

I haven't had to agree to anything new since the SRF increase (houston). I have also received no text or email about this.

#7 ·
^that kind of optimism when it comes to uber makes me laugh and cry simultaneosly.

#8 ·
This will work both ways. By doing this, Uber is saying that drivers' waiting time has no value. And if a driver waiting for pax has no value then there is consequently no problem if the driver decides to take off immediately upon arriving at a potential no show situation, or after 30 seconds, or one minute etc.

I usually take off after a minute or two anyway if the pax is not there.

#14 ·
Its been looked into here in Houston. The pax doesn't pay for cancellations. But Uber does.
Even in on our "driver" website in help about cancels it explains we get paid after 5mins enroute and after 5mins for waiting.
Also we haven't got a new "service fee schedule" to agree to.

On the "pax" side of the website it says $0 for cancellations. That means they pay nothing. Doesn't mean the drivers don't get paid.

And it makes the raise in SRF make more sense.

#16 ·
I am sure this had nothing to do with the thousands of drivers (many on UberPeople) that took advantage of the cancellation fees. This pisses me off something fierce and personally I think it's ridiculous however you don't have to go far on these forums to read all the drivers stories on how they got as close to the pin as possible without being seen so they can wait 5 minutes to get their cancellation fees.

I am lowering my acceptance to 7 minutes or less away. Not going to take any chances.

#17 ·
I am sure this had nothing to do with the thousands of drivers (many on UberPeople) that took advantage of the cancellation fees. This pisses me off something fierce and personally I think it's ridiculous however you don't have to go far on these forums to read all the drivers stories on how they got as close to the pin as possible without being seen so they can wait 5 minutes to get their cancellation fees.

I am lowering my acceptance to 7 minutes or less away. Not going to take any chances.
Part of the new cancellation rules are that you have to be driving to the pin and on-time versus driving away, so that helped curb some of the abuse. But yes, I agree.

Insert: This is why we can't have nice things. lol

#19 ·

Yeah Lou it's always the drivers fault and never uber's right?

This post has been deleted
#22 ·
I see that on the site, but the help pages for affected cities still say riders will be charged.

Whether or not they charge the rider doesn't matter to me (that is their business), as long as we are still getting that fee.

If they are trying to be more customer friendly with this policy, it seems to just be pissing everyone off to the point where several people will not wait, giving riders bad service.

Bad move by Uber if this is the case.

#26 ·
I see that on the site, but the help pages for affected cities still say riders will be charged.

Whether or not they charge the rider doesn't matter to me (that is their business), as long as we are still getting that fee.

If they are trying to be more customer friendly with this policy, it seems to just be pissing everyone off to the point where several people will not wait, giving riders bad service.

Bad move by Uber if this is the case.
The problem is if uber doesn't charge the pax they'll never learn to be ready. I've had a few tell me they noticed when uber started charging them when the driver left and they stopped ordering before they were ready.

#28 ·
Sabatoge from the insides won't work with uber. There is x amount of pax and y amount of drivers. Supply greatly outweighs demand.

The main reason why unity won't work with drivers is because too many stupid uneducated illeterate people behind the wheel. Just for fun, I had drivers pick up pings from 25 minutes away for uber x. Of course I cancel within minutes, but I so get the urge to text them you are a stupid idiot for willing to drive 20 miles to pick up what could be a $4 dollar run.

Folks, I've been saying this before we knew what uber was, cabbing is half a notch above homelessness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.