Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Why? You'd have to use the victim's phone, not be seen or filmed with them, move the body from the drop off point, make it seem like the victim rode back from the original drop off point, and Jedi mind trick the driver into thinking that you look very close to the appearance of the victim.

This guy just created a ton of evidence against himself that make him look guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Why? You'd have to use the victim's phone, not be seen or filmed with them, move the body from the drop off point, make it seem like the victim rode back from the original drop off point, and Jedi mind trick the driver into thinking that you look very close to the appearance of the victim.
no...

Investigators said Hupperterz killed the student in his apartment and put her body in a storage bin to move her to his mother's home.

He brought her into the car in a storage bin.

I'm only saying this so that it doesn't happen to any of us...

He took her body and stuck it in a plastic box to take a lyft trip to his mothers house.
So the driver showed up at his place. Probably helped the guy load the bin into the car, and then the driver took the guy and the bin 150 miles.

This is like.. really really horrible. and my heart goes out to her family. If your reading this i'm only being so blunt about the details so that we as drivers can understand what happened to her so we don't get inadvertently involved in something like this.

·
Premium Member
70,433 Posts
Glad they caught him.
And at least recovered her remains before things became really gruesome.
Familys that never recover the bodies are always tormented with wondering if their loved ones are actually gone.
He would have done it again no doubt.

·
Registered
610 Posts
no...

Investigators said Hupperterz killed the student in his apartment and put her body in a storage bin to move her to his mother's home.

He took her body and stuck it in a plastic box to take a lyft trip to his mothers house.
So the driver showed up at his place. Probably helped the guy load the bin into the car, and then the driver took the guy and the bin 150 miles.

This is like.. really really horrible. and my heart goes out to her family. If your reading this i'm only being so blunt about the details so that we as drivers can understand what happened to her so we don't get inadvertently involved in something like this.
No what?

I don't know what point you are trying to make in reference to my quote...

I also do know why the where he killed her is important.

My point was he [probably] used his phone, got picked up at his house, went in person to the Lyft car, had his phone, the driver's phone and Lyft's servers record him traveling to the "location" (his mother's house at that), and had a driver who could testify in court that the suspect was the one in the Lyft and not someone else.

I'm glad he got caught and I'm glad there will be some fracture closure for the family. However, I do not understand why he used a ride share platform to commit/continue this crime.

Part of the reason I drive and ride is because everything is tracked and recorded in a way that rivals NSA metadata.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
no...

And after doing that customer a huge favor --i.e. by transporting an unusually large package that was NOT luggage for a non airport destination --that driver probably got rewarded with an instantaneous deactivation when Lyft initially found out

Cheap ugly bastard. She stupid for hanging out with his dumb ass. I wonder if the driver got a cleaning fee?
she was probably well over the legal limit by the time she left the bar with that creep. Judgement was 180 degrees out of normal alignment.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
about the details so that we as drivers can understand what happened to her so we don't get inadvertently involved in something like this.
So check the luggage from now on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
When luggage is being transported and passenger not going to plane,train, or bus.....than ask questions as to what's in the bag *****......i mean come on lyft driver, get smart. Damn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.