Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever done it? If so, how did you handle it?

I had a very attractive snotty female yesterday. Looked like she was used to having the world handed to her. She huffed and puffed in traffic and asked if we could use waze. Little did she know we were using waze which I pointed out. Waze still led us into traffic at one point... This is LA. She huffs and puffs more. Starts to argue. Tells me she wishes I'd use common sense. This goes on and on. I actually got a little shaken from it.

At that point I told her I'd give her cash for the distance I drove her if she'd get out of my car. I even offered to order another uber for her that I'd pay for if she just got out of my car. She didn't take it. So we sat the rest of the way from Hollywood to Marina Del Rey in silence.

This was by far the worst PAX I have had since starting this. I know there is WAY worse.

How do you handle kicking someone out if you've had to?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Have you ever done it? If so, how did you handle it?

I had a very attractive snotty female yesterday. Looked like she was used to having the world handed to her. She huffed and puffed in traffic and asked if we could use waze. Little did she know we were using waze which I pointed out. Waze still led us into traffic at one point... This is LA. She huffs and puffs more. Starts to argue. Tells me she wishes I'd use common sense. This goes on and on. I actually got a little shaken from it.

At that point I told her I'd give her cash for the distance I drove her if she'd get out of my car. I even offered to order another uber for her that I'd pay for if she just got out of my car. She didn't take it. So we sat the rest of the way from Hollywood to Marina Del Rey in silence.

This was by far the worst PAX I have had since starting this. I know there is WAY worse.

How do you handle kicking someone out if you've had to?
Roll up window fart in car vent hot air to blow smell towards pax

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
I hope I never have one of these PX but I've thought about this situation a few times. I would personally pull over in a safe area and cancel the ride and politely ask them to exit the vehicle.
Can't CANCEL a ride that's begun. All you can do is "END TRIP' or ask your PAX to cancel so they can order another Uber. Personally, I think I'd take the 2nd option....because then they can't rate you and you also get paid up until the point they cancel. If someone could verify this is correct....I'd appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've had to deal with a few of these in OC. it's a rather simple solution to a weird awkward moment. I say it word for word.

Me: Look, you can make this work for.... oh say the next (distance of trip) or you can find another ride. Which one do you want it to be?

It's a yes or no answer. I mean WTF is really doing to happen? They rate me one star! Lol

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Some women, and I say women because I've never experienced it with guys, have a *****y attitude about them that just fills the car with a hormonal tension. It's not you and I'm sure every driver, if they've driven long enough, have had a [email protected]#T like this that they'd wished they'd kicked out. I can now sense this right away with a few quick questions and if I get attitude I tell them to call another driver. Also, I've learned to not start the app until I'm certain this person will be ok.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
They are in YOUR car. You don't have to reimburse them or ask them to be nice. If someone is being disrespectful pull over to a safe location like a Starbucks or Mc Donalds and ask them to cancel the ride. No they can't rate you once they cancel the ride and they will need to cancel it to order another Uber. Don't let someone talk down to you like that in your car. Oh and if you finish a ride like that, you are sure to get a 1* rating

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would have kicked her out. MDR sucks worse (hgb) hairy goat balls than Hollywood. At least you can get more frequency of rides there. Moe funner peeps, too.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
No way I toss her, I take my 1 star for my UBER team and I give her a 1 star in hopes of saving other UBER drivers. No Way I let her 1 star two drivers...

Rule #1 before you pick someone up check their rating on the request (I betcha she was a 4) and pass on 4.6 or lower.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Can't CANCEL a ride that's begun. All you can do is "END TRIP' or ask your PAX to cancel so they can order another Uber. Personally, I think I'd take the 2nd option....because then they can't rate you and you also get paid up until the point they cancel. If someone could verify this is correct....I'd appreciate it. ;)
Yes this is correct. Had it happen many times before

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I don't care what they say or do too much since I am getting their money.

20 years ago I had a saying: You can say bad things about me, you can say bad things about my mother. There was only one thing that you were not allowed to say, and that is "You are not going to pay".

·
Banned
99 Posts
I had this once .picked up 4 guys order black and rating 4.1. Not.ally I do t pick up less then 4.5 but it was slow and I did it. Half way one of this idiots fart it really bad in my car. I was like **** no. Pulld over. Unlock the doors and toll them to get a **** out of my car.....he complain to Uber and I told uber what the problem was and they were cool about it. As long as u do fare review and let Uber know u are fine.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If we keep on driving for uBer we might as well by cars that have an automatic eject button for pax. Pull over hit the
eject button and smile and tell them THANK YOU FOR USING UBER !!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would not have delt with it. Why would you offer her money for another ride? She has to pay for the distance and your time. No exceptions I would have exited ASAP and told her to hop off.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If a passenger is abusing you:

“Hey listen. I’m sorry but we’re not paid to take abuse. You can either be quiet/stop or I have to pull over and end the ride.”
If this sounds like a difficult thing to say, you probably shouldn’t be a taxi driver.

The 1* hurts the pax more than it hurts you, since we do far more rides.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes this is correct. Had it happen many times before
Ha. I've lost count on how many people I've kicked out. Remember the type of pax were dealing with now.

My rating started going back up with that and just learning how to spot the red flags before even picking them up.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Ha. I've lost count on how many people I've kicked out. Remember the type of pax were dealing with now.

My rating started going back up with that and just learning how to spot the red flags before even picking them up.
If GPS screws up directions on pick up or PAX puts in wrong Pick-up and you can't find give PAX a call and if they apologize or say something like oh ya GPS does that all the time (or are generally cool) I find out where they are and take off to get them but generally/usually if they get upset it's a cancel no charge and I take off. Then again if it's my fault I'll take my 1 star and pick-up their ass.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts