Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love Kenny Chesney. Two different trips ... one down and a 3.5xsurge pick up after the concert going back north to a destination less than 15 minutes from home. Both XL trips.

On the post concert 3.5x surge trip I earned $181.20. Pax paid $58.79 and Uber LOST $123.38. REALLY ??? WTF!!!

I'm not complaining at all. It's just that I don't understand how Uber's program works. I'm glad they don't use that algorithm to apply to my weekly earnings.

It's also interesting to note that they kept the $2.80 booking fee to apparently cut their loss.

Uber-on !!

Attachments

·
Banned
765 Posts
The booking fee is what its all about in the big picture. What does Uber care about more than anything? Facilitating the most trips as possible, having people use rideshare as often as possible and dominating market share

They'd long term do more harm than good to themselves without upfront pricing during certain times. People have long memories. Screw them once and its never again. Don't let them fool you and think they care about you and are doing this as a goodwill gesture to drivers.

They need to ensure they have enough drivers on the road at all hours, so they need to take a loss at times. It'll temporarily satisfy the ants, who think ha ha ha, i beat uber....and then who will continue driving at all hours taking non-surge, non-boost rides, including pool, and in the end killing their own personal profit margin.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The booking fee is what its all about in the big picture. What does Uber care about more than anything? Facilitating the most trips as possible, having people use rideshare as often as possible and dominating market share

They'd long term do more harm than good to themselves without upfront pricing during certain times. People have long memories. Screw them once and its never again. Don't let them fool you and think they care about you and are doing this as a goodwill gesture to drivers.

They need to ensure they have enough drivers on the road at all hours, so they need to take a loss at times. It'll temporarily satisfy the ants, who think ha ha ha, i beat uber....and then who will continue driving at all hours taking non-surge, non-boost rides, including pool, and in the end killing their own personal profit margin.
Definitely a lot of truth in this post. It is the long game for sure. It does still make you wish they wouldn't put it into customers heads on the flip side of this (2.99 uber pool ride, that takes 8 miles and 40 minutes).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts