Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Extra police out tonight, mind your p's and q's.... pick up/drop off from the right places and don't get ticketed.

Tonight will be a sloppy wet financial wind fall. If the numbers play out right, this will be a 3k plus week for me.
Yes!!! SPD is cracking down on Uber drivers - passing out tickets like politicians pass out bumper stickers.

***ETA***
Crack down is for picking up pax in illegal locations.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well yes but I meant I am still curious why he posted to not discuss any business or surge levels until after. That foresight.
I monitor certain public data channels from Uber. I then perform analysis of that data. I look for large variances as a signal that there has been some type of systematic change. They appear to have a habit of tweaking their surge algorithm prior to any major holiday. I saw the usual blips on Thursday evening... but they came earlier then I have ever seen. Some of you probably noticed the weird surge patterns started Thursday night. It almost seemed like they tweaked it a little too much. Normally I can "see" the tweak being tested in different outlying geographic areas, this time it seemed different.

That is why I asked for "radio silence". When you see glitches like that, planed or otherwise, you need to exploit them. If we were broadcasting the issue, it may have been resolved or negated.

Anyone who noticed the outer areas surging hard Thursday night should have already known what was happening and how to respond.

Put this in your memory banks for the next major holiday. You will see a similar pattern.

Don't bother to ask what data I monitor and my method for capture and analysis, I'm not revealing any of that publicly or privately. It's worth way too much to chance it.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
There's no glitch. They've been artificially manipulating surges forever, hence all the posts complaining about "fake"surges.

On nights where they know passengers will request a ride no matter what bc of say a concert deadline, you'll see larger and longer surges especially on the east side. They also know less passengers will complain bc the passengers just assume there is really high demand even if that isn't entirely true.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts