Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A story for cabbies to learn from
In the late 90s a small company called easyjet stormed into Europe and started to fly between small eu airports they had a reducing price policy to attract customers
they were loosing at the first few years millions of euros then ryanair came to the same market reduced the price even a bit more
IATA (the tfl of the skys) banned them from major city airports

Proper Airlines with many years of experience used to charge mad prices between 2 eu cities
I remember going to Paris used to cost around 400-500 pounds in the late 80s and most of those money goes to profits
To deal with the competition major airlines like BA first step was complaining against those companies
When they found complaining takes them no where and they started loosing they started reducing their prices with IATA helping them to keep the closest airport to the cities

Some of them sat on a table and formed something called alliances like star alliance which is the best response to Ryanair and easy jet the overall journey costs less from Heathrow on star alliance than ryanair from Stanstead leaving the cheap airline carriers with only cheap and stupid passengers

LTDA and tfl can learn alot from this

I look at the future in karhoo

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Daniel Ishag is good people The antiTravis the technology is not easy to get right and that's been the delay so far but I love some of the marketing that's been done so far I accept that it's going to require an investment by drivers and companies. Give it a couple of years to hit its straps there are endless possibilities there. I got in on the beta testing and they asked for ideas to improve the app. I hit them up with about 50 they stopped talking to me ( not really) some good some vague some more conceptual but it it got me thinking of the potential. A couple of years Im thinking Karhoo rules.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Some of them sat on a table and formed something called alliances like star alliance which is the best response to Ryanair and easy jet the overall journey costs less from Heathrow on star alliance than ryanair from Stanstead leaving the cheap airline carriers with only cheap and stupid passengers
Just like Uber;)

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
A story for cabbies to learn from
In the late 90s a small company called easyjet stormed into Europe and started to fly between small eu airports they had a reducing price policy to attract customers
they were loosing at the first few years millions of euros then ryanair came to the same market reduced the price even a bit more
IATA (the tfl of the skys) banned them from major city airports

Proper Airlines with many years of experience used to charge mad prices between 2 eu cities
I remember going to Paris used to cost around 400-500 pounds in the late 80s and most of those money goes to profits
To deal with the competition major airlines like BA first step was complaining against those companies
When they found complaining takes them no where and they started loosing they started reducing their prices with IATA helping them to keep the closest airport to the cities

LTDA and tfl can learn alot from this

I look at the future in karhoo
Can u pls let us know in 10yrs time.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
It's a small planet. You need global recognition. You need convenience one app so you don't need to think. You need decent creative marketing ie.
Neil Andrews on Twitter: "JOHN "We're not good, we're the best in the world!" was John's response when I asked him about… https://t.co/aIWI6jg29M"

Screw Uber I'm going with this guy kind of stuff. You need to be ahead of the curve as far as Technology goes. There are really creative people out there that will be working against you if they're not working for you. It's to the cab industries advantage to make use of them.

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
a little story for babs......

there is a mafioso organisation on your high street. on every high street. the front canon fodder serve you with a smile as there generals seek world domination. they dictate what they will pay for goods. if you stand your ground you are finished. it's a protection racket and if you don't sign up and take it up the pooper you may aswell apply for a ph licenece.

the no.1 lost leader in the supermarket wars is milk. dairy farmers once upon a time earned a good living from their 7 day a week job. it was an income for life. then tesco decided if they reduced the price of a pint, customers would come and stop spending their money in sainsburys. before the farmers had a chance to way up their options sainsburys, asda, co-op etc all did the same.

Farm gate prices fell to 23.71p per litre in December, a 14pc drop on the year before and a 2pc fall compared to November, according to data from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

There are now 9,633 dairy farms across the UK, with 300 lost in the past year. The number has halved compared to 10 years ago, when the figure was 20,313.

The raging milk price war has forced dairy farmers either to cull their herd to sell as beef, close completely or switch to other types of farming.

so to recap........

big business dictates what they will buy and sell for. the competition matches this price. the public are happy because they can walk in any supermarket and buy a product for an unrealistically low price. those supplying the product are facing bankruptcy and future uncertainty.

i think the future is level playing fields everywhere....unhindered by cows

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

there is a mafioso organisation on your high street. on every high street. the front canon fodder serve you with a smile as there generals seek world domination. they dictate what they will pay for goods. if you stand your ground you are finished. it's a protection racket and if you don't sign up and take it up the pooper you may aswell apply for a ph licenece.

the no.1 lost leader in the supermarket wars is milk. dairy farmers once upon a time earned a good living from their 7 day a week job. it was an income for life. then tesco decided if they reduced the price of a pint, customers would come and stop spending their money in sainsburys. before the farmers had a chance to way up their options sainsburys, asda, co-op etc all did the same.

Farm gate prices fell to 23.71p per litre in December, a 14pc drop on the year before and a 2pc fall compared to November, according to data from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

There are now 9,633 dairy farms across the UK, with 300 lost in the past year. The number has halved compared to 10 years ago, when the figure was 20,313.

The raging milk price war has forced dairy farmers either to cull their herd to sell as beef, close completely or switch to other types of farming.

so to recap........

big business dictates what they will buy and sell for. the competition matches this price. the public are happy because they can walk in any supermarket and buy a product for an unrealistically low price. those supplying the product are facing bankruptcy and future uncertainty.

Amen to that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts

so to recap........

No mention of the real villains in this Country the Goverment & the way it gets its pound of flesh off literally everything you buy.
It's supposed to be that you go to work and enjoy spending your money. In this Country you go to work & the Government enjoy spending its cut for you.
Ps Milk went down when the Milk marketing board was scrapped long time back.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Everything comes down to price if you let it. Today a convenience store sold me a can of coke for 3 dollars today ( these guys are criminal but they own most service stations where I live I hear 10% of turnover goes to Hamas another story) I could gone to the supermarket and paid half that. People pay 300 dollars for Nike shoes that do nothing that a pair of Dunlop can't do. Let's talk what people pay for Art and the finest artwork is essentially useless. What would you pay for a life jacket in a shop? What would you pay for a life jacket in a shop on a ship that is sinking? None of this relates to cabs of course except for the principle people make decisions based on emotional needs and it is very easy to make very clear distinction between one service and another. Big business doesn't tell me I want to save 5 dollars and risk missing an appointment Rupert Murdoch can't tell a girl she's not safer in a regulated cab fitted with cameras and have her believe it. And so on. There are always points of difference and you can add value to these points of difference.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys it's been long time but I just read your responses

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Gentlemen, I don't think it will be any good than a Kabbee, unless someone comes up with an app like uber without a middle man to have any success in London.
There's a lot of differences between Kabbee and Karhoo:
First of all Kabbee was all about the lowest price whereas Karhoo gives you loads of choices and defaults by fastest ETA, not price.
Secondly Karhoo have got the tech right and send the bookings straight into the fleets' despatch system, not by email or web portal as Kabbee did.
Thirdly Karhoo is much better funded - by a mile.
And fourthly Karhoo are not associated with any fleet operators (like great london cars) and operate a vendor neutral platform. There's a lot of rumours going around that certain firms got most of the work from Kabbee and for that reason it was a waste of time for other fleets.

Also we recently saw another app called Minicabster fold - they were also focussed on the lowest price.

Maybe the punter wants a choice of cars from a choice of fleets and they're not so hung up on the lowest price as we think?

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Poor souls no one stood by them they fall
Only if cabbies listened to me since may they could have changed things
I was made my point
Star alliance still surviving though

I wrote this on the plane to vienna

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.