Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ing-smash-repair-backlog-20180817-p4zy4x.html

Canberra Times article:

Extract:

Kangaroo collisions spike causing smash repair backlog

By Elliot Williams
2 September 2018 - 12:00am

Talking points
  • Fences along Tuggeranong and Majura Parkways have failed to lower the number of reported animal crashes.
  • ACT smash repairers are reporting a massive spike in the number of vehicles they are receiving due to an animal collision.
  • Drought conditions are sending a higher than usual amount of kangaroos into the city in search of food.
The city's smash repairers are feeling the brunt of increased kangaroo collisions with a backlog of weeks to fix damaged cars.

Kangaroos continue to move into metropolitan areas of the city in search of food due to drought conditions, ACT Parks and Wildlife Service reports.

In the first seven months of the year, ACT rangers were called to more than 2200 incidents of a motor vehicle hitting a kangaroo.

Several smash repairers who spoke to the Sunday Canberra Times reported a massive spike in the number of vehicles they were fixing due to animal collisions, with kangaroos being the most common.

(See also https://uberpeople.net/threads/collisions-with-kangaroos-on-roads-in-canberra-and-region.251059/)

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ing-smash-repair-backlog-20180817-p4zy4x.html

Canberra Times article:

Extract:

Kangaroo collisions spike causing smash repair backlog

By Elliot Williams
2 September 2018 - 12:00am

Talking points
  • Fences along Tuggeranong and Majura Parkways have failed to lower the number of reported animal crashes.
  • ACT smash repairers are reporting a massive spike in the number of vehicles they are receiving due to an animal collision.
  • Drought conditions are sending a higher than usual amount of kangaroos into the city in search of food.
The city's smash repairers are feeling the brunt of increased kangaroo collisions with a backlog of weeks to fix damaged cars.

Kangaroos continue to move into metropolitan areas of the city in search of food due to drought conditions, ACT Parks and Wildlife Service reports.

In the first seven months of the year, ACT rangers were called to more than 2200 incidents of a motor vehicle hitting a kangaroo.

Several smash repairers who spoke to the Sunday Canberra Times reported a massive spike in the number of vehicles they were fixing due to animal collisions, with kangaroos being the most common.

(See also https://uberpeople.net/threads/collisions-with-kangaroos-on-roads-in-canberra-and-region.251059/)
Although your info is factual Jack , I'll put up my usual useless info, playing golf down the Gold Coast last week , and many have now adopted courses, as their prefered place of residence:) ,with a new rule also becoming common on outer Bris. Courses should you hit one and it impedes your distance you can play the shot again , seems fair :),
Now of course this new rule can be fudged quite a bit as was the case a few weeks ago ,
A mate hit a tree with the ball , it then bounced off a resting Roo, now I think you can see the problem here Jack , he claimed a replay of the shot , well of corse there was much discussion on this, that I can't print here , we settled the good old Aussie way , flicked a coin , the bastard won the toss , and then hit his replay down the center and won the hole o_O and the day , to the other three of us , expense
Of course the "discussion ", continued to the club house afterwards, again I cannot reapeat any part of it.
Bloody Kangaroos :)

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although your info is factual Jack , I'll put up my usual useless info, playing golf down the Gold Coast last week , and many have now adopted courses, as their prefered place of residence:) ,with a new rule also becoming common on outer Bris. Courses should you hit one and it impedes your distance you can play the shot again , seems fair :),
Now of course this new rule can be fudged quite a bit as was the case a few weeks ago ,
A mate hit a tree with the ball , it then bounced off a resting Roo, now I think you can see the problem here Jack , he claimed a replay of the shot , well of corse there was much discussion on this, that I can't print here , we settled the good old Aussie way , flicked a coin , the bastard won the toss , and then hit his replay down the center and won the hole o_O and the day , to the other three of us , expense
Of course the "discussion ", continued to the club house afterwards, again I cannot reapeat any part of it.
Bloody Kangaroos :)
Down this way, kangaroos even like to join in the soccer. See

1 - 3 of 3 Posts