Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,006 Posts
Just heard Google and many other corporations downtown have told employees to stay home. Google is confirmed for a month.
I had 2 people from different consulting firms that said they were working from home because their clients didn't want people flying to them. Apparently it's dependent on what the client wants but they said it's starting to increase. Also a person in m&a that said they are getting ready to move to more video conferencing for the same week reason

it will definitely make mondays and Thursday's slow for the guys that do airport trips. The consulting firms offices don't have space for everyone to go in and work. So I wouldn't count on them for trips to the loop. But I would bet that they are going to take any opportunity togo run errands and do things they can't normally do during the week

Challenging times are now upon us in the rideshare industry! It is going to be harder and harder to make any money driving if we don't have anybody to drive to and from work. No end in sight.
Most passengers I've talked to don't think it's an issue as far as actually being affected. But companies having them work from home or not travel may not be all bad. If they don't have to go in to an office they may be going out to do other stuff when they feel like it. Will it be tougher potentially but I can see a silver lining to millennials that work 9 to 4 and think they spend too much time at work having even more freedom on their work hours

·
Premium Member
10,006 Posts
I can see less people taking mass transit.

We shall see
Agreed. A lady picked up at a cta station asked if I was afraid of getting corona virus as a driver My only answer was if I give 20 rides in a day maybe there are 25 people in my car. So I have less exposure than most people going to an office and anyone taking the cta

I drive days though. A driver on weekendon weekend nights or with xl will have a higher chance of exposure I would guess. Like any passenger going to a bar should care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.